Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5000BK (LE or not), 5000vx, and 3000vx are all Zero models. I don't know what you mean by non-Zero 5000vx, you mean a jean with a different name and denim, but similar cut?

SelfEdge had Samurai 5000vx's (as indicated by both a small cloth inside tag and by kiya) but that were NOT Zero models. The large paper tag on the back pocket did not say Zero Model like the ones on Rakutan or BiG. They also had a different leather patch. I think it didn't have a mountain and either without or different looking samurai's. I saw them a month or two ago so I don't remember exaclty what the patch looked like, but it definately was a 5000vx.

This might be a better question for Kiya and Stuntastic at SelfEdge.

I went into SelfEdge on Friday and they were indeed the 5000wx. Differences in the wx's:

- red/blue laced with silver selvage

- white tag on outer side of left back pocket with upside down A

- leather patch with a sumo wrestler and a mountain

- green back pocket paper tag and I believe it said model ozeki in small print

I compared the wx denim to the zero model black 5000vx they had and it looked like it was the same denim besides for the color difference. Other than the above differences they seemed to have the same details as the vx's (doughnuts, hidden, etc.). Hope that helps someone.

I still don't understand exactly why they have the wx "export" model (BiG has the vx). My only guess is that they sell the wx export model to places like hong kong or other asian markets.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone with experience with the S0120XJ model? I'm interested because it seems that stores stock my size (38 or 40, which is amazing considering that in most US brands I wear 36)... Is it one wash or raw? If they're raw, do you think I can risk getting the smaller size and then wearing them in the tub to shrink?

I bought the S0510WXand they are all that exept the back pocket insert which says model yokoduma and is yellow instead of green.

They are the 19 oz model.

I went into SelfEdge on Friday and they were indeed the 5000wx. Differences in the wx's:

- red/blue laced with silver selvage

- white tag on outer side of left back pocket with upside down A

- leather patch with a sumo wrestler and a mountain

- green back pocket paper tag and I believe it said model ozeki in small print

I compared the wx denim to the zero model black 5000vx they had and it looked like it was the same denim besides for the color difference. Other than the above differences they seemed to have the same details as the vx's (doughnuts, hidden, etc.). Hope that helps someone.

I still don't understand exactly why they have the wx "export" model (BiG has the vx). My only guess is that they sell the wx export model to places like hong kong or other asian markets.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. I was interested in getting the S510XX19ozll after I saw the pair on the BIG homepage. I was just wondering how much does the inseam shrink after multiple washes? I wear a 30L regularly. What length would be good to have them hemmed to? Also, I am currently breaking in a pair of nudie regular ralf dry selvage jeans, and I like the fit on those. What pair of Samurai's would have a fit that is similar to the nudie rr ds?

I'm wearing mine right now. After a ~45 minute lukeworm soak, and ~5 minute warm shower, they shrank from a 38.5 inch inseam to a 35. If I ironed out all the wrinkles, they'd probably be the tagged size of 36L.

i asked this on the small questions thread but no love

What's different between all the different 510xx's? there are a ton of models like 510xxII, 510xxII, 510xx66II, 510xx, etc. are they all the same cut and just have little differences in design? thanks

I'm wearing mine right now. After a ~45 minute lukeworm soak, and ~5 minute warm shower, they shrank from a 38.5 inch inseam to a 35. If I ironed out all the wrinkles, they'd probably be the tagged size of 36L.

That shrinking is way too farfetched. Are you sure you aren't exaggerating?

I hot soaked 2 Samurai's. S0500XX (Contest Sammy) and S710XX. Hot soaked for 4 hours each and tossed them in the dryer to get maximum shrinkage. Both shrunk about 2 inches in the insteam tops.

I don't know what kind of water you have, where you get it, but where can I get some?

I JUST took them off and remeasured. The inseam measured 32.25 in. The cuff measured 2.75 in. That's a 35 inch inseam. Like I said, if I ironed them flat as paper, they'd probably measure 36 in.

Is 2.5 inch shrinkage really that out of the ordinary? Really, all they did was shrink to the tagged sizes, 36x36. I'd like to note too that I measured the waist again last night, and after probably twelve total hours of wear, it had already stretched back to the original 38 inch waist.

I'll take pictures of the measurements tonight.

Crappy lighting, but I think they came out well enough.

c5f86e63-1.jpg

c5f86e63.jpg

83244e32.jpg

wat samurai model fit is close to skulls 5010xx ??? im going to get a pair and i like the fit of the skulls but already have one i want a samurai!!

try the jin. I have bought a pair of skull5010 and a samurai jin from japan recently. The samurai's cut is more generous than the skull. The jin is narrower cut than the 510xx, I tried both and chose the jin the same reason you cited. If you want it as tight as the skull, get a size smaller