Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

My 5000's are from lot 9, tagged W26 but they were actually W28 since sizing was messed up on that lot. The waist has now stretched 2 inches to a W30.

If the new lot of 5000's fit true to size, then I recommend buying W28 if you want them to stretch out to W30.

i didnt know lot 9 was sized wrong and by being too big at that.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest youkinorn

out of the wash/soak/partial hot dry I did. lots of shrinking, they are fully buttoned now, though. trying to decide if I want to get them hemmed. I kind of think they are slim enough for the stacking to look good. Plus I'd like to not lose the wicked roping I will get how they are now. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

For the record I'm between 5'11" and 6'0, so after shrinking the inseam is still a bit long, but not much (at least how they are being worn up around my natural waist right now)

bought these from seafinch!

710 lot 10 size 36... true size 36.. they look a bit baggy in the pics... waist is a little tight but i like the fit

Nice fit. Wouldn't of picked these as 36's they look smaller than that.

710 lot 10 size 36... true size 36.. they look a bit baggy in the pics... waist is a little tight but i like the fit

the seat looks a lil too loose, but i mean thats me, if you like your fit and you like it loose then you should be very happy.

Guest youkinorn

2vkndjm.jpg

I like the fit, but yeah, they do look baggier than I would expect for going true to size in lot 10. Look nice though.

not wash, but hot soaked them twice. im used to panzy dior denims and the 19oz or whatever they are is a bit intense. im riding it out though.

I am surprised. I have been wearing my 5000bks for a month everyday. Comfortable as can be and have never itched. I am in the cold country though, so maybe that's what I have to look forward to when it warms up...

IMG_1069.jpg

just got my 710 resized to 33x36 instead of 31x36. im thinking about hotsoaking but i want to keep the waist without it shrinking.. what should i do?

hot soak everything except for the waist. or put a hanger in the waist and make sure you try them on when they are still damp.

With Tweedles go-ahead, a new Samurai thread has been started:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=48318

I assume this thread will be locked in due time, as it was with the APC thread. I guess you can keep posting in here until that happens.

It would be great if we could come up with a sizing guide (continuing what was happening in the model line-up thread). I'm still unclear on what happened with the USA's. I stayed true-to-size and it worked out great (sz 30), but I thinkt he larger sizes in the 2nd lot were sized differently. What's the concensus on that one? Experiences please.

It would be great if we could come up with a sizing guide (continuing what was happening in the model line-up thread). I'm still unclear on what happened with the USA's. I stayed true-to-size and it worked out great (sz 30), but I thinkt he larger sizes in the 2nd lot were sized differently. What's the concensus on that one? Experiences please.

Yeah a sized down pair of USA's (size 31) is really slim. Sort of like those 710's in the marble mirrors posted up above...raw. The thighs were quite slim...and it gave me the impression of sizing down 2 with 5000vx's (the cut the USA's are supposedly mirroring...cept a size smaller).

I would say true to size for a nice slim straight leg fit...size down 1 for a slim fit.

It would be great if we could come up with a sizing guide (continuing what was happening in the model line-up thread).

Samurai has a sizing chart for all the models on their website, and most places that sell them show the same chart.

Why don't people use these?? I've never asked a sizing question...

Samurai has a sizing chart for all the models on their website, and most places that sell them show the same chart.

Why don't people use these?? I've never asked a sizing question...

The charts on their website are pre-wash, so there are a few underlying factors that come into place, like shrinkage and stretching, etc. after they're soaked/washed. Its the most common question asked in this thread, so having a general overview of sizing up/down would be a helpful guide for someone new to Samurai.