Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got my 710s sz 30.

this is the fit after the first soak. comments? im kinda thinkin maybe i could have sized down one more...

sams_1.jpg

sams_2.jpg

Plongin - Glad to see they arrived! I think the fit is great. The waist looks pretty snug, and they will continue to shrink as you wash them more. Also, not that they're relaxed, but have jeans that aren't skin tight helps insure that you'll be able to wear them for years and years.

plongin, those look great....i wouldnt size down...they'll continue to shrink just a bit with more washes and they already look snug in the waist. If you want a "skinnier" jean, dont size down to make them work, get a skinny jean like skull 5010xx

just got my 710s sz 30.

this is the fit after the first soak. comments? im kinda thinkin maybe i could have sized down one more...

sams_1.jpg

sams_2.jpg

I would say size down one. They look fine but I think the 710's look better tight rather than regular fit.

I would say size down one. They look fine but I think the 710's look better tight rather than regular fit.

The fit's not bad, but I agree with mikesduc. Could have sized down one. For a slim straight like the 710 (as opposed to the 510) it's just a touch too loose after post soak, and the jeans will stretch. These are photos of the fit on my 710s post soak and uncomfortably tight as they were, have stretched out further than my Imperial Dukes.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19853&page=8

plongin, those look great....i wouldnt size down...they'll continue to shrink just a bit with more washes and they already look snug in the waist. If you want a "skinnier" jean, dont size down to make them work, get a skinny jean like skull 5010xx

hes already got a pair of those ;)

are you serious dude? the easiest fucking way is through a proxy! how much fucking easier do you want it to be than....

step 1) telling someone items you want

step 2) paypaling some $$$$ to the guy

step 3) waiting at your mailbox for the item you requested

japanhookup is a good proxy. you will get your shit within days of the order.

Chutes is on vacation till the 8-9th of July or something.

Proxies are great. If the proxy is any good, they'll do the searching for you. They'll find your size and then send you a total to paypal them and send you the item quick via EMS. (ONLY send your stuff through fully tracked and insured EMS from Japan - you may get lucky a few times but eventually you will get stung). If you're trying to cheap out, trying to get stuff direct from Japan, you'd better learn Japanese and get used to the idea of attacks on your credit rating, because it's a jungle out there. And if you had bothered to read a few pages back, you'd know that Samurai no longer ships to the US because of their agreement with BiG.

That being said, I have ordered stuff direct from online stores and rakuten, but then I have japanese speaking friends and a japanese speaking parent who can help me out if I need it (and no, I'm not japanese).

Guest jeffvyain
ah, great fit. i think i'm just going to end up getting the 26, and wear them while they soak. i had a pair of 26 new cures, and holy shit my balls will never be the same....

I don't recall whether new cures run way large like new standards do, but I had a size 28 tight as all hell pair of new standards, and a size 30 5000vx for a perfect comfortable fit. I could have sized down one more on the 5000s but I'm very happy with what I have. you can see fit pics via the xxx thread.

Guest jeffvyain
just got my 710s sz 30.

sams_1.jpg

sams_2.jpg

don't let these little girl jeans wearing kids bring you down on your fit. Those look great. Could you fit into a smaller pair? probably... but would they look better? i doubt it. Those are nice and slim all the way down and not tight...perfect fit in my opinion

don't let these little girl jeans wearing kids bring you down on your fit. Those look great. Could you fit into a smaller pair? probably... but would they look better? i doubt it. Those are nice and slim all the way down and not tight...perfect fit in my opinion

EXACTLY.....

thanks for the help with the comments guys, really appreciate it.

still on the fence about it though.

yeah they fit you very well. is 30 your true size?

yeap, 30 is my true size. i normally try to size down to 29, but this time i was unsure.

Morning...good fit on the 710´s..

I was just checking for the DW preorder link on BIG - and stumbled across this one..

In other news this past May marked our one year anniversary. We would like to thank

everyone for their support and patronage over the past year and to celebrate we're

hosting a party at the store this month with a special guest Mr. Nogami, the President

of Samurai Jeans. Mr Nogami will be bringing with him all of the samples for the Fall

2007 season and for one night we will offer a viewing of these items along with food

and refreshments. We'll send out another notice shortly with the exact date and time.

Imo, you have to have them "little girl jeans" tight for Samurai when you first wear them, so that you get a good fit afterward. I've only been wearing these for just over a month (and I've been alternating with my PBJ, so not too much wear) and they've stretched a lot. Comparison photos.

Then:

sam08.jpg

Now:

sam11.jpg

Then:

sam09.jpg

Now:

sam12.jpg

For reference, I'm 5'9" and these are size 33 (size down one from true). Then I was 178lbs. Now I'm 182lbs.

***Man, they look really blue. One hot soak and one wash. Same camera... I never realised...***

Imo, you have to have them "little girl jeans" tight for Samurai when you first wear them, so that you get a good fit afterward. I've only been wearing these for just over a month (and I've been alternating with my PBJ, so not too much wear) and they've stretched a lot. Comparison photos.

Then:

sam08.jpg

Now:

sam11.jpg

Then:

sam09.jpg

Now:

sam12.jpg

For reference, I'm 5'9" and these are size 33 (size down one from true). Then I was 178lbs. Now I'm 182lbs.

***Man, they look really blue. One hot soak and one wash. Same camera... I never realised...***

They don't look like they've stretched THAT much... Still look pretty tight to me.