Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to have to pass on these. I'd probably be all over it if it was similar denim to before, but these don't look to have much slub at all from the pics. If I wanted a normal natural indigo jean, I'd probably just go with 45rpm.

I would get them but I'm just not sure about the cut. I love the way S0500XX fit me but these look like they will be a little more relax fit. I'm really thinking that S0210XJ will be my next pair of Samurais unless something else comes out.

Dear John

Because of the lawsuit of Levis.

They ordered us, never to sell jeans with stitch of back pocket.

Before, as you know,

People talked about shipping from me in the supurfuture or so on,

so, Levis knows I've shipped jeans to people who live in all over the

world.

This made big trouble!

If I do it again, SAMURAI JEANS Company will collapse.

We are struggling......but, I cannot do anything.

Levis is too big company.

I hope you understand me....

Sincerely yours.

Toshiko

Damn you levis!stressing out our beloved Toshiko! :mad:

Dear John

Before, as you know,

world.

This made big trouble!

Sincerely yours.

Toshiko

If I were a member of the Levi's team, I would want to sit down and pick out 3 or 4 brands to whom I would license the arcuate. People mistook my SDAs for the best quality Levi's that they had ever seen. As it stands, they're just pissing me off.

Don't know if small companies like Samurai, SDA etc, would be able to afford the "licencing" if Levis ever went down that road.

I find it ludicrous that Levis would be trying to take down companies that are only helping them. It's not like Rolex going after a company that makes cheap imitations that could hurt the brand. Samurai and SDA are making jeans with tab and arcuates that make Levis look like inferior quality imitations (oh, well, that would be a reason to sue, I guess. No one likes to be made to look like idiots)

been meaning to post fits of my S5000VX since I've got them. 5'11, 147, sized down about one to a size 28. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the stacking, but I've pretty much learned to love it. What do you guys think?

samurai.jpg

samuraiback.jpg

And a more natural pose for my own posterity... I don't like standing stiff.

samuraipose.jpg

been meaning to post fits of my S5000VX since I've got them. 5'11, 147, sized down about one to a size 28. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the stacking, but I've pretty much learned to love it. What do you guys think?

samurai.jpg

samuraiback.jpg

And a more natural pose for my own posterity... I don't like standing stiff.

samuraipose.jpg

the fit is just plain perfect! very very nice! plus rep for you!

leroy, fit is ace. the stacking will all work itself out soon enough. i never wanted to wear mine at first because it pissed me off so much. alls good now though, nice choice. i think 5000s will be my next sams but thats a long ways away

take some profile shots

Very nice but we want some more info/pics of the boots. They look great.

They are abused, badly polished Charles Tyrwhitt Jodhpurs. They're sort of a pair of trial Jodhpurs for me, considering that after these, the cheapest that I've seen good Jodhpurs come are around 600 Crockett & Jones Cottesmores. I'm in love with Edward Green Greshams, and I look to acquire a pair sometime in the future. Alas, I am only 20 with a wallet to suit my age.

They can be bought here:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB.aspx?DepGrpCode=MEN&DepCode=MSBO&ProCode=MBAJOD&level1=Men&level2=Shoes&level3=Boots

Size down one size. I wear a size 8, and I went down to a 7.5.

The CT Jodhpurs are a lot more impressive than the CT Chelseas which I tried on to get an idea of my fit.

Here's a picture of my side profile in the jeans as well as some with the boots with flash and no flash on.

samuraiprofile.jpg

boots1.jpg

boots.jpg

I tried to darken them with shoe polish, they were originally a lot brighter. In the flash, you could see that I'm a noob with shoe polish. When I got them, they were kinda too fancy for me. With some abuse though, I think they look soooo much better. They're a great pair of boots for the price. And I really, really wanted a pair of Jodhpurs; as far as I know, Charles Tyrwhitt makes the cheapest "quality" Jodhpurs.

Man, superfuture and styleforum have ruined me. I literally spend any random hour I have to myself buying things from the supermarket and the buying and selling board. I'm becoming this sufu/sf hybrid monster. The black jacket in the background of the pictures is a hare m65. Damn you all!

Dear John

Before, as you know,

world.

This made big trouble!

Sincerely yours.

Toshiko

Shit... It's ok to ship anywhere else but US?

Levi's should also ban others from making pants from denim fabric...

DSC02723-1.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

its hard to see, but the orange discoloration in the button holes is from some rust on the buttons:

DSC02736.jpg

might be same sort of thing happening with the front rivets and backs of the buttons. compared to the back pocket rivets theyve changed noticably. i dont wear any underwear with these :eek: so that may be the cause of it

DSC02738.jpg

^theyre 19oz, pretty snug fit, sit at my waist, and im wearing them through the florida summer. to me it just makes more sense not to. i dont even notice anymore. all in the name of comfort and practicality.