Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Don't know about this....

My S5000VX's fit very similar to my new standards only without the tapered leg. My Samurai's are definately not a classic fit, but slim without the anti-fit ass. I would say Sugarcanes are more classic cut, not samurai.

Check out how they fit in the "how do jeans fit" thread...

When i compared the online measurements to my new standards they were similar in the thigh width. Maybe he thought i was talking about the s3000?

Ended up ordering a 31 instead of a 30. Hopefully it would give me the fit im after in the thigh area. Now to play the waiting game :/.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 5000VX is a slim straight leg cut and the S500XX is slightly slimmer with a higher rise. So where does the 3000VX sit in the mix? I can't tell the rise or whether or not they're that loose by the measurements on Samurai's site. I'm basically looking for a '47 501 Repro or at least something that isn't too baggy (but has anti-fit). does Samurai make a model like this?

i have a feeling i may get a superdeaththreat for asking this, but hopefully one of you might be so kind to give me an answer.

i dont know much about samurais, i love the straight, slim fit of my nudie slim jims, is there any fit that samurai makes that comes close to that? or no because samurais are all the anti-fit repro type fit?

The closest would probabaly be the S0110XJ and S5000VX, but the seat isn't nearly as fitted as Nudies, but somewhat. You might want to look into Pure Blue Japan XX-005 and Studio D'Artisan SD-103 and SD-003 for a more fitted seat.

So the 5000VX is a slim straight leg cut and the S500XX is slightly slimmer with a higher rise. So where does the 3000VX sit in the mix? I can't tell the rise or whether or not they're that loose by the measurements on Samurai's site. I'm basically looking for a '47 501 Repro or at least something that isn't too baggy (but has anti-fit). does Samurai make a model like this?

Sounds like either LVC 501 or Sugarcane 47 are exactly what you're looking for.

i have a feeling i may get a superdeaththreat for asking this, but hopefully one of you might be so kind to give me an answer.

i dont know much about samurais, i love the straight, slim fit of my nudie slim jims, is there any fit that samurai makes that comes close to that? or no because samurais are all the anti-fit repro type fit?

My S5000VX are certainly not anti-fit, as a matter of fact, they fit similar to my new standards in the rear and thigh.

What do you guys think about the s0710wx's? I think they are the slimmest jeans that Samurai makes and the blue/red selvedge is pretty nice.

Just got those yestarday.. I love em. they are pretty slim, I hemmed to a 33" inseam didnt soak, and the stacking doesnt look out of control. They have a great fit.

What do you guys think about the s0710wx's? I think they are the slimmest jeans that Samurai makes and the blue/red selvedge is pretty nice.

Yea, they are the slimmest pair Samurai makes.

Theyre really nice. I love my pair, went down to a 35 in em (Im a 36)

Just wish Samurais had a standard 34 length. They would be PERFECT...

Oh well. I enjoy the OD stacking on them.

Thinking about getting some sammies.. My options for a new pair of denim is very limited and I have to get a 26 waist (my natural waist).. I was thinking about some S5000VX, but Toshiko said they shrink down to this size, I think they are 28inches before shrinking.. I would soak in hot water for a few hours but people said they dont actually shrink fully, more like down 1 inch to a 27 or something.. Im having trouble finding the perfect pair of fitting jeans..

I read earlier in this thread that I should size down for the 5000VX, but this is impossible cause they dont make a 25.. am I hooped? Or should I just go for the 26? Its funny they dont even make 25 in the womens geisha model which is kind of odd I think

Samurais, in my experience at least are tag +1 after a hot soak and will stretch need be. I have read others post here that Gordon at BIG's take on the matter is that they eventually (i.e. after repeated washes) shrink down to tag size but for sure a 26 would prolly be 28 raw and 27 after a soak. if you want your jeans to be snug either put on some weight or let a tailor butcher them (in a nice way). I thought I had it bad being a natural W28.

Yeah, luckily it suits my body.. some people on this board look ridiculously thin, Im very thin but it suits my size and the clothes I wear.. I can wear 28 no problem but on my hips...

I think I cant really have any problems with the 26 (27 actually), since Im wearing some 28 dry bones right now and are currently around 30 inches in the waist because of stretching from being on my hips I guess... No matter what I guess the sammies will be 2 inches or so smaller.. its just do I want to pay that much Im not sure.. BUT if they will eventually shrink to 26 thats a good thing I guess

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes Im curious to hear your comments/comparisons between the 17oz denim and the 19oz denim. Im considering a pair of these:

S510VX 2ND special edition

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s510vx-2nd

and these:

S510xx 19oz2

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s510xx-19oz-2

I know the 19oz fabric fades awesomeley, as seen here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/d-stock/19oz2.html

but im curious about the 17oz fabric as Ive only heard good things about s5000vz owners. hmmmmmmmmm decisions.

on a related note I just got a pair of apc rescues in 36 and they were way tight all over so im hoping the s510 is a bit looser all over. if anyone has experience with both could you speak up? thanks

Samurais, in my experience at least are tag +1 after a hot soak and will stretch need be. I have read others post here that Gordon at BIG's take on the matter is that they eventually (i.e. after repeated washes) shrink down to tag size but for sure a 26 would prolly be 28 raw and 27 after a soak. if you want your jeans to be snug either put on some weight or let a tailor butcher them (in a nice way). I thought I had it bad being a natural W28.

depends on the denim. the ZERO and the texas cotton takes several washes to shrink to tag size but the rest goes to tag size after a warm soak.

depends on the denim. the ZERO and the texas cotton takes several washes to shrink to tag size but the rest goes to tag size after a warm soak.

curious as to why that is? is that specific to the cotton of the zero models? so does that mean that the samurai black zero is different that the new samurai blacks?

.... so does that mean that the samurai black zero is different that the new samurai blacks?

Duuuuh? WHAT new samurai blacks? The web site only has the S5000BKs....

What'd I miss?