Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ vee dope pick up for the wife...did you try samurais yourself

naw i only had 30 minutes for lunch. i didn't get anything. but i would love to get 1 of the jackets! i still need to go back so i can check out the upstairs. LOL. too bad i didn't get to meet you or samsikle. i'll be around.

cameland - i got them @ self edge in san francisco. the new shop that opened up. here's the site - www.selfedge.com

Hey, so this question was pressing enough for me to finally register a supertalk ID. I just got a pair of Neighborhood rigids (overpriced yes, but the narrow fit is no less awesome) and I'm now resolved to get a pair of japanese repro-style jeans. I want a mid-low rise, slim straight leg style. I'm deciding between PBJ xx-005 and the SD-103/203 (203 because I think I prefer the idea of a sanforized denim). Since I also know that Sammies are so popular in this forum, I wondered:

1. What the Samurai equivalent might be? I read previously the S0505 but I hoped they're might be a similarly low-rise style without the zipper fly.

2. What the difference was between the samurai/zero/jin geisha models was? I assume the Geisha is a 'ladies'" jean, but the others

Also, has anyone found a rakuten storefront that ships PBJ's to the US?

thanks so much!

Hey everyone. I was interested in getting the S510XX19ozll after I saw the pair on the BIG homepage. I was just wondering how much does the inseam shrink after multiple washes? I wear a 30L regularly. What length would be good to have them hemmed to? Also, I am currently breaking in a pair of nudie regular ralf dry selvage jeans, and I like the fit on those. What pair of Samurai's would have a fit that is similar to the nudie rr ds?

Hey everyone. I was interested in getting the S510XX19ozll after I saw the pair on the BIG homepage. I was just wondering how much does the inseam shrink after multiple washes? I wear a 30L regularly. What length would be good to have them hemmed to? Also, I am currently breaking in a pair of nudie regular ralf dry selvage jeans, and I like the fit on those. What pair of Samurai's would have a fit that is similar to the nudie rr ds?

i'm selling the s510xx19oz...so you might have a look...........link below

Hey guys I'm looking to get a really nice pair of Japanese denim, and I'm leaning toward some Samurais. Currently I have a pair of 36 APC rescues that are waaay too big and a pair of 36 Nudie SS that fit nicely. I was looking for a fit between these two jeans. I have narrowed it down to Sammurai S5000VX, S0500XXLE, and PBJ XX-003. What would you guys recommend, and also, what is the main difference between the

S5000 and S0500 other than the denim weight?

Hey guys I'm looking to get a really nice pair of Japanese denim, and I'm leaning toward some Samurais. Currently I have a pair of 36 APC rescues that are waaay too big and a pair of 36 Nudie SS that fit nicely. I was looking for a fit between these two jeans. I have narrowed it down to Sammurai S5000VX, S0500XXLE, and PBJ XX-003. What would you guys recommend, and also, what is the main difference between the

S5000 and S0500 other than the denim weight?

The s0500 has a higher rise than the s5000 and is also slightly slimmer throughout. The so500 also tapers slightly in the leg where the s5000 is completely straight.

On a side note Ive been interested in apc rescues for a while but the biggest size they make is 36 (im big). Could you do me a favor and measure the waist so I can tell how much they can stretch to? Thanks :)

What is the width of the thighs for the s0500 like? Is it similar to APC new standards? Or are they looser?

I normally wear a 32 and im thinking of going 2 sizes down due to my skinny legs. But im worried that i won't be able to button them up. Has anyone experience any stretching in the waist?

It's quite a bit looser. Samurais are more like a classic cut also...

Don't know about this....

My S5000VX's fit very similar to my new standards only without the tapered leg. My Samurai's are definately not a classic fit, but slim without the anti-fit ass. I would say Sugarcanes are more classic cut, not samurai.

Check out how they fit in the "how do jeans fit" thread...