Asian TV Drama

cyberPUNK

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone seen chase or fujiko f. fujio no parallel space? currently looking for something to watch, and these stuck out (fujio mostly for aso kumiko, even tho it's only 1 episode). oh also catching up on gaki no tsukai.

Haha, honestly I don't think you're missing much. Shinzanmono was the best new one, and to be honest, it wasn't that good (wasn't that bad either). Here's some blog I found the other day (http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/), had a ratings breakdown of all the dramas from the past season (maybe on page 2 now). either way, found it pretty useful for finding out about a lot of less popular dramas as well as keeping up with joyuu information, haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving this old thread.

Anyone watching k or j dramas?

Currently airing k dramas I'm watching are Fated to Love You and It's Okay, It's Love.

I'm also watching some old jdramas like My Boss, My Hero. Others I watched and liked are Saikou no Rikon (my first and prob fav jdrama), Hard Nuts!, 35-Sai no Koukousei, Rich Man Poor Woman.

Upcoming ones I'm looking forward to are Springtime of My Life (kdrama), Subete ga F ni Naru, and Heisei Sarukani Kassenzu.

currently watching hitori shizuka which is pretty good. kaho hella baked she fried. rewatching iwgp and soredomo ikite yuku which of course are both goatie

started hard nuts and border which are both ok but i probably won't finish them. hashimoto ai is too annoying. border is actually pretty good but i prefer serials i guess. watched river's edge and didn't like it at all

looking forward to wakamonotachi, still need to watch woman and oyajii no seneka and a bunch of others and some prob won't ever get subbed (meoto zenzai)

dunno anything about korean dramas but i just watched the food related ones eg pasta and gourmet ^^ will prob watch king of baking or fermentation family next

Yeah soredemo is nice, Eita's pretty good in most of the stuff I've seen him from. Hashimoto Ai is pretty corny but she grew on me through the series lol. Ive had iwgp on the backburner for a while, prolly I'll watch it soon.

I have a harder time finding good kdramas to watch, guess cus I haven't watched as many yet. Somebody recommended me heirs as my first kdrama and that was a mistake. Couldnt finish it cus it was too stupid, and ive finished some pretty wack stuff

• 2 months later...

lol at this dead thread

Upcoming ones I'm looking forward to are Springtime of My Life (kdrama), Subete ga F ni Naru, and Heisei Sarukani Kassenzu.

started springtime of my life and it's o.k., but the female lead is annoying, actually both the guy and girl are.  also up to date with Subete ga f ni naru. it's a bust basically.  a lot of suspension of disbelief is required, weirdly filmed scenes...  the plot set up doesnt really make sense to me.  the setting seems like modern day, but there is one aspect of highly futuristic technology which is the magata institute???  ayano gou is o.k., i'm probably gonna continue watching, but i'm waiting for them to tie the loose ends. why they keep showing the seminar assitant i dunno. guess he was prominent in the manga or w/e dunno

heisei's not subbed so thats out.  watched the first few eps of dear sister, but ishihara satomi always plays irritating roles.  

watching the korean reality show roommate and i like it. it's pretty funny sometimes.  also just started my princess. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

i am watching now :

love rerun (jp)
signal (jp remake of kr)
you inhabit my life (or whatever the name is, jp)
unnatural (jp)
anone (jp, actually pretty wack but who cares)
wok of love (kr)

best kdrama i seen since ever: secret forest (prison playbook close thirdish, secret forest got first and second)
best jdrama i seen since 2015: none cus 99% of jdramas is boring. jimi ni sugoi was O.K., also the drama version of watashi wo hanasanaide was p good. like, i aint read the book, but it was pretty good, got ayase haruka and miura haruma in it, both good in their roles) my ultimate fav still saikou no rikon cus eita and his ears was great in that role.

i used to be into ayano gou, but there's only so much hebigao man i can take and he actually not that good at acting, but i still watch him from time to time (he was O.K. in bride of rip van winkle). still like kora kengo cus he cute but whatever. sakaguchi kentarou also for the same reason, but whatever. for ktown, jo jung suk is actually pretty good (jealousy incarnate was really good [+ heavy dose of kcorniness]), and as much as jang hyuk's mouse lips annoy me, he pretty good too as pil joo in money flower. cho seung woo is underrated, but that man's a real actor, very good in secret forest (also cus of bae doona's support), and good in a different way in horse doctor.  ishihara satomi goes in too, minus me being focused on her tarako lips, but she is pretty good in all the stuff i seen her in, makes sense she rakin in .

also, terrace house. not really a drama since it's a "reality" show but this my show real talk.  been watching since the boys and girls in the city season (hawaii was straight garbage) and currently watching the opening new doors season. one of the few worthwhile things i did since my last time here is learn jp so i can watch without subs, terrace house fr straight trash but good to watch. 

• 3 years later...

wow it's literally 4 years later to the day i'm happening to visit this site... 

i'm still watching asian tv dramas.

currently watching:
my liberation notes (kr. not gonna lie i love this) -slice of life family drama, highly recommendddd

my ex-boyfriend's will (jp) - mediocre but watchable. ayase haruka.

nothing else really.

watched the silent sea and through the darkness recently also but they were both just -ok-. 

short list of memorable and above average shows i watched in the last few years:
lost (kr) - drama, actually verry veryy good if you like noona romance... :blush2: i do...
watcher (kr) - crime thriller - very decent, has season 2 slated to come out this summer?/fall
the lies within (kr) - crime thriller - i really like lee minki in this role
children of nobody (kr) - crime thriller/drama
beyond evil (kr) - crime thriller - kinda good, has some moments that were amazing, some less so
ore no ie no hanashi (jp) - comedy - from the same writer of ikebukuro west gate park, stars nagase tomoya again. was hilarious, easy to watch
35sai no shoujo (jp) - family drama, i actually really liked this even tho it fell off at times. was mostly good tho
rikokatsu (jp) - comedy -  this was funny and a good follow up if you ever watched saikou no rikon. stars eita in a similar plot line, sudden marriage etcetc
high class (kr) - drama - the story was decent, but i mostly watched because i wanted to be cho yeojung here, she looks amazing. its in a similar vein to woman of dignity if you watched that
sweet home (kr) - horror?? or maybe just scifi thriller. i enjoyed this a lot. also song kang..
secret forest season 2 (kr) crime/political thriller - first season was better actually. i wish ahn gil ho had signed up for the second season. it was good still, but not as great. still a good followup
the good detective - crime /family drama - this is more wholesome end, i liked it well tho.
wanitokagegisu (jp) -? mystery? idk. to lazy to check if i posted this in 2017, but this was also decent. different. decent.
touch your heart (kr) -corrrrrnnnny romcom - i love the corn, it was very cute

that's probably it, if it didn't make this list i guess it wasn't memorable enough.
shows i plan to maybe watch:
invisible (jp) cus kou shibasaki. first 20 mins of ep 1 was kindof boring.
woori the virgin (kr) 

then maybe finish forecasting love and weather which i kind of dropped a month or two ago

bye to this thread for whatever the next time leap is.

• 2 weeks later...

ohhh, yeah for some reason kdramas tend to lose steam for me around ep 12-15. something about plot patterns. trying to push through till the end lately. i forgot about business proposal, the female lead was cute. i'll check out konto ga hajimaru, havent seen that one!