Asian TV Drama

cyberPUNK

Just thought I'd make a thread where people can share their recommendations and discuss t.v. dramas from the various Asian countries.

My personal favorites are kekkon dekinai otoko, good luck!!, and GTO.

If you know of any other sites that I should add to the list below just pm me and I'll gladly throw them up.

Sites of use:

D-Addicts

DramaWiki

KeyHoleTV

Oh boy....for jdramas Tiger & Dragon is still my absolute favorite...and Orange Days will always hold a special place in my heart! Dramas as of late have been major suckage, I can never get myself to finish any of them although Jin hasn't been so bad (just gets repetitive after a while) and I can never watch Korean dramas because of length and other reasons which I won't say here...but I can see how they're pretty addicting...

On the low, I'd also recommend Akihabara@deep which is somewhat of a frantic pace but really entertaining despite being all about otaku....I believe it was a later night low budget type drama but still really good...thats about it off the top of my head though!

Oh boy....for jdramas Tiger & Dragon is still my absolute favorite...and Orange Days will always hold a special place in my heart! Dramas as of late have been major suckage, I can never get myself to finish any of them although Jin hasn't been so bad (just gets repetitive after a while) and I can never watch Korean dramas because of length and other reasons which I won't say here...but I can see how they're pretty addicting...

On the low, I'd also recommend Akihabara@deep which is somewhat of a frantic pace but really entertaining despite being all about otaku....I believe it was a later night low budget type drama but still really good...thats about it off the top of my head though!

Orange Days is a classic!

Gotta love Kou Shibasaki.... :)

Orange Days is a classic!

Gotta love Kou Shibasaki.... :)

haven't seen any of the dramas you guys mentioned. i'll start downloading tiger & dragon tonight. aho you're right though, there haven't been any good dramas in a long time.

what do you think of jikou keisatsu? i remember seeing bits and pieces while my girlfriend was watching it, didn't seem that bad. i might look into downloading that as well at some point. i usually try to stray away from dramas that are too involved in a love story, although those are rare to find, haha.

haven't seen any of the dramas you guys mentioned. i'll start downloading tiger & dragon tonight. aho you're right though, there haven't been any good dramas in a long time.

what do you think of jikou keisatsu? i remember seeing bits and pieces while my girlfriend was watching it, didn't seem that bad. i might look into downloading that as well at some point. i usually try to stray away from dramas that are too involved in a love story, although those are rare to find, haha.

My favorite shows so far:

Tiger and Dragon

GTO

Shota No Sushi

Jikou Keisatsu

Jikou Keisatsu 2

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Soratobu Taiya - based on the mitsubishi scandal, highly recommend it

I cant stand those stupid ass Johnnies shows like Hanayori Dango, Ikkemen Paradise, My girl although Stand Up was enjoyable.

I like either serious dramas or Japanese humor done right like Jikou Keisatsu and Kekkon Dekkinai Otoko

I'm sick of shows like Jin where theres always a main character thats like an expert in their field.

My favorite shows so far:

Tiger and Dragon

GTO

Shota No Sushi

Jikou Keisatsu

Jikou Keisatsu 2

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Soratobu Taiya - based on the mitsubishi scandal, highly recommend it

I cant stand those stupid ass Johnnies shows like Hanayori Dango, Ikkemen Paradise, My girl although Stand Up was enjoyable.

I like either serious dramas or Japanese humor done right like Jikou Keisatsu and Kekkon Dekkinai Otoko

I'm sick of shows like Jin where theres always a main character thats like an expert in their field.

sounds like we have similar taste in dramas, i'll be sure to check out the ones you listed. kekkon dekinai otoko is definitely an awesome example of japanese humor done properly.

are you in japan? or in the states trying to watch those shows? i don't know a place where you can download those late night tv or food shows, but you can watch live streaming tv using KeyHoleTV. the quality isn't terrible, my only complaint is that the only time i really get a chance to watch it is during the day time in japan, when those shows geared towards housewives are on.

sounds like we have similar taste in dramas, i'll be sure to check out the ones you listed. kekkon dekinai otoko is definitely an awesome example of japanese humor done properly.

are you in japan? or in the states trying to watch those shows? i don't know a place where you can download those late night tv or food shows, but you can watch live streaming tv using KeyHoleTV. the quality isn't terrible, my only complaint is that the only time i really get a chance to watch it is during the day time in japan, when those shows geared towards housewives are on.

I used to use D-addicts all the time but I haven't watched a j-drama in a long long time...

If you all haven't seen Ikebukuro West Gate Park, I definitely recommend that one. It's an oldie, and I don't know if they're available online anywhere but the drama is like an all-star of great actors...

I used to use D-addicts all the time but I haven't watched a j-drama in a long long time...

If you all haven't seen Ikebukuro West Gate Park, I definitely recommend that one. It's an oldie, and I don't know if they're available online anywhere but the drama is like an all-star of great actors...

I live in the states and my wife uses Keyhole, not a fan of it. I tried using freshverse.com but it never works for me. I bought a slingbox but my wife couldnt figure out how to install in my brother in law's apt. I will try to install it the next time I'm in japan.

I looked at Japan TV, 25 bucks for a crappy analog feed of NHK is a ripoff.

I live in the states and my wife uses Keyhole, not a fan of it. I tried using freshverse.com but it never works for me. I bought a slingbox but my wife couldnt figure out how to install in my brother in law's apt. I will try to install it the next time I'm in japan.

I looked at Japan TV, 25 bucks for a crappy analog feed of NHK is a ripoff.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park is indeed pretty good....Kisarazu Cat's as well, pretty much any Tomoya Nagase drama will be decent even though he is often type casted into that same character (gangster, dark, brooding with situational type humor if that makes any sense)...

They just don't make em how they used to though! For love stories, Aishiteiru to itte kure is pretty much one of the best although if you've seen Orange Days before it you might be annoyed at the similarities.

Another good oldie is Odoru Daisousassen...

Ikebukuro West Gate Park is indeed pretty good....Kisarazu Cat's as well, pretty much any Tomoya Nagase drama will be decent even though he is often type casted into that same character (gangster, dark, brooding with situational type humor if that makes any sense)...

They just don't make em how they used to though! For love stories, Aishiteiru to itte kure is pretty much one of the best although if you've seen Orange Days before it you might be annoyed at the similarities.

Another good oldie is Odoru Daisousassen...

• 1 month later...

been on a roll lately, finished jikou keisatsu and i.w.g.p.

a little disappointed with the ending of i.w.g.p. as it was a bit cheesy and a bit forced. also watched the special, i refuse to acknowledge that has anything to do with the series since it was absolute shit. the series though was awesome, definitely among my favorites. it was cool to see all those (now) famous actors in i.w.g.p.

downloading kaette kita jikou keisatsu now and looking into akihabara@deep

these are some series i enjoyed that i didnt see listed

kou kou kyoushi 2003 and kou kou kyoushi 1993

majo no jouken aka forbidden love

nodame cantibelle

kimi wa petto

Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu and 1 liter of tears made me cry

long vacation

My mom loves to watch Korean dramas, but since she is Japanese she really prefers watching them with Japanese subtitles (even though she can understand Korean.)

I taught her how to use torrents a long time ago and and she's mastered the skill. But recently, she asked me to figure out this program called Share, which is a Japanese P2P. Unsurprisingly it has all the new releases with subtitles.

The only drawback is that it's incredibly difficult to figure out. With that said, does anybody know some good torrent sites that might serve her needs? She's already on D-addicts and asiatorrents. PM me if need be. Thanks for your time :o