RRLselvageDenim

Denim in Film/Movies (Photos Only Thread)

Hi Guys

Figure I'll start this thread devoted Denim (and you know what kind of Denim I'm talking about) in Films/Movies. I realize there's an Iconic Denim photo thread somewhere here, However I want to dedicate this to Film. Recently we've seen LVC's featured in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Burton" "No Country for Old Men" etc. Classics like "The Wild One" "The Misfits" etc...

Hope you guys think this is a good idea.

NoCountryForOldMen2-1024-2.jpg

roy-rogers-levis.jpg

john-wayne-stagecoach.jpg

good thread, what film is the one with all the dudes in the leather jackets out of.. thatpicture is great.

Forgive the size (also not sure if the links will work)

Marilyn Monroe in The Misfits...because girls can be bad in denim too! :cool:

The first one is tooooooo good:

marilynworelevis1.jpg

marilyn+wore+levi%27s.jpg

Annex%20-%20Monroe,%20Marilyn%20%28Misfits,%20The%29_07.jpg

Annex%20-%20Monroe,%20Marilyn%20%28Misfits,%20The%29_02.jpg

013_%5BMarilyn_Monroe_on_the_set_of_THE_MISFITS_Nevada%5D.jpg

051201_Marylyn_ex.jpg

Speaking of film (I know this is a photos only thread though), if anyone has ever seen the full cast screen test on Rebel Without a Cause (where everyone just stands around smiling while James Dean changes jackets), I believe it is THE SINGLE MOST inspiring denim on film sequence ever....It's not on youtube but someday I'll upload it...

Hud and Badlands, my favorites.

In Hud you had a feast - Levis 501, 506, 507 and Lee 100J, 101LJ.

In Badlands, Martin Sheen wears the 507 effortlessly.

now those are some cool pics....Humphrey Bogart and Walter Huston from Treasure Of the Sierra Madre.....

I love the henley, sourced by Mister Freedom, that Ryan Gosling wears in Drive. It's a bastard. It compelled me to spend a load of money on the similar Merz b. Schwanen 103.

Am re-Watching The Misfits (1961) as l type, and am still amazed at Clarke Gable in his Lee Westerner tux. Only the second time in old films ever, that l've seen a Lee Westerner jacket and pants worn together (Paul Newman in Hud' (1962) being the other). Always like Lee jackets more so than Levis one's. They just always seemed to be ahead of the game design wise, and the fit was always more tailored. Even on the repros.