map :: new york :: williamsburg

sufu1

You should really add greenpoint and extend the williamsburg map one section north. There isn't much in terms of clothes shopping, BUT there are some great restaurants, bars, and a few awesome tucked away spots that are worth a visit if you came all the way out to williamsburg.

also the williamsburg map is completely devoid of anything East of Driggs... Like the Royal Oak, there's a new sneaker/boutique shop opening on 7th, east of Driggs... Plus there are tons of little spots on Havermyer and even further out onto Grand an Graham streets,

Plus you missed KCDC skate shop on N. 10th between wythe and Berry, and the Brooklyn Brewery on N. 10th across the street form Beacons. And you missed Planet Thai, it's on 7th and stretches around the corner onto Berry. The Recod/Shop Sound Fix on (I think it's 12th?) and Bedford.. some book stores, whose names i forget further south on Bedford...

email me, or messege me if you need help updating it!

Edited by Dolo on Dec 8, 2004 at 06:20 AM

Great, now just north is ps 1, in greenpoint. dolo is on point. so i wont say anything about what should be on the map. I gave up planet thai from sea over the summer.

So....How's your girl?

Edited by kole on Dec 9, 2004 at 10:59 AM

THEN THERE SHOULD BE AN INSERT SHOWING PS 1. BUT NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT I WAS CLOSER TO THE QUEENSBORO BRIDGE THAN THE NAVY YARD, NOT MY HOOD. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF GALLERIES IN WILLIAMSBURG OPEN TO ARTIST WHO WANT TO SHOW CASE THEIR CUTTING EGDE AVANT GARDE WARES. MANY WITH NO PERMANT COLLECTION, SO THEY HAVE HIGH TURN OVER.

So....How's your girl?

Edited by kole on Dec 8, 2004 at 09:44 AM

kole dolo

welcome to superfuture precision cartography sweatshop

this is exactly the sort of response we are looking for to this new forum... in fact we are thinking about posting all maps of superfuture since it just might be the most efficient way to keep all maps tweaked...?? making maps is a pretty fluid sort of a process... areas mutate, shops open and combust overnight, megamalls and expressways swallow up neighborhoods... yeh blah... you know what im saying. unless someone walks down every single street and alley there are always going to be gap and cracks, so posting the drafts seems like a sensible way to get all you global shopping experts involved in the process...

all contributors will be credited on the maps

thx again

your leader

wayne

kole dolo

welcome to superfuture precision cartography sweatshop

this is exactly the sort of response we are looking for to this new forum... in fact we are thinking about posting all maps of superfuture since it just might be the most efficient way to keep all maps tweaked...?? making maps is a pretty fluid sort of a process... areas mutate, shops open and combust overnight, megamalls and expressways swallow up neighborhoods... yeh blah... you know what im saying. unless someone walks down every single street and alley there are always going to be gap and cracks, so posting the drafts seems like a sensible way to get all you global shopping experts involved in the process...

all contributors will be credited on the maps

thx again

your leader

wayne

--------------------------

superslave1

http://superfuture.com

• 3 weeks later...

i don't actually live in the area but i know there're a bunch of bars and food places on havemeyer street too. i agree to add planet thai and royal oak. theres also the yabbey on bedford and diner on broadway, near berry.

for art, McCaig-Welles (Robeling near N.4th st), and Stay Gold Gallery (Grand st near Keap) always have cool exhibits, street artists and otherwise.

"my attention spans galaxies. . ." saul williams

- supercore on bedford too. (it's not on the map but it's near the bridge) great environment and friendly staff (coffeehouse and japanese tapas)

• 3 weeks later...

here are a few other places you are missing:

Public Salon - Hair Salon on corner of Metropolitan and Wythe

Vebulon is actually called Zebulon with a Z

Landing is actually closing at the end of the month

Replicate is a photo duplication shop next to the landing.

williamsburg cafe is across the street from doc (south west corner) on N7 & Wythe

rock club North 6th is next to gallapagos closer to the water

Red & Black (bar / club) is across the street from mikeys

Sparky's (hot dog joint) is next to Red & Black

Read Cafe (coffee) is next to Brooklyn Industries

lawannas is actually between north 6 and north 7th, not N5 and N6

--- you actually need a Northside and Southside map for williamsburg --

The Diner and Marlow & Sons should be on the map, but they are on the Southside on Broadway and Berry - diner on corner and M&S next door closer to the water on broadway --

a few selected art galleries to check out:

lunarbase gallery

197 grand st. brooklyn ny 11211

mccaig wells gallery

129 roebling street (north 5th st)

goliath visual space

117 dobbin street at normin ave.

• 3 weeks later...

- ----

How can you have a Williamsburg map and not include a diner?

Relish [225 Wythe Ave + se corner of No 3]

Faux diner serving good Southern food.

Nice garden out back with catholic memorabilia.

Public [ne corner of No 1 + Wythe]

Trendy non descript hair salon. Super hair Salon.

For Art ::

Black + White Gallery [483 Driggs Ave + No 10]

Brooklyn Fire Proof [101 Richardson St]

[Not on the map but worth the trek out]

After the visit to Broolyn Fire Proof get a drink at the Royal Oak afterwards.

Royal Oak [594 Union Ave + Richardson, a block so of the park]

Hope this helps.

- ----

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Saved is a tattoo shop as well as a vintage shop, not sure how you would indicate that on the map. It's a great one, though...

The American Apparel store is at 104 N. 6th, right between Academy and Sea, I believe, but I'm having trouble picturing that block in my head.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...