2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we losing sight of what this project was suppose to be; The original idea was a Levi based model with Jin details i.e.: LHT denim, cinch back, and back pocket & design. So why the hell have we lost track of this original idea! When you look at the poll for the voting I see many names of people who said they weren't going to participate because the cut wasn't 710 or that there was already a Samurai 0500 contest. Shit just cracks me up, we freaking letting the ones who aren't even going to purchase these jeans screw the ones who were looking forward to a sick pair of custom Samurai's. My 2¢ take it, or leave it ;)

Pi$tol - I'm not too familiar w/ the Jin model. What would be your choices for this jean?

I have a pair of USA's from BiG that I love/hate. They're great in almost every way but I got the wrong size and had to take them out (ugly) so they've never fit that well.

So, to me, this pair is a way for me to get something interesting from a shop that I like. The timing is perfect too because my current pair will be hitting the 2yr mark around when these will probably be done.

damn I goofed on that....Just to be clear there is NO pocket # 5 or 6..apologies for the miscount! But just vote for what you want anyways, shouldn't be too much of a problem...

who8, aiming for a June/July release date or earlier if Samurai could pull out all the pairs before then!

EDIT: Also, seeing as how close poll #2 is, if it ends up being the same we will add up the similar pocket votes (ex: #4 and #9) and take whatever way it leans if that makes any sense (for example #4 out of the previous listed two if it had more votes than #9)...Are these agreeable terms?

EDIT: Also, seeing as how close poll #2 is, if it ends up being the same we will add up the similar pocket votes (ex: #4 and #9) and take whatever way it leans if that makes any sense (for example #4 out of the previous listed two if it had more votes than #9)...Are these agreeable terms?

^agreed. really hope #4/9 is gonna make it.

i like pocket four.

i like pocket 2 better than pocket 9, tho.

runoffs good.

@Pi$tol, i think that was aho's original idea. if we were just gonna make his jeans why even entertain options. why make the thread at all. are we to presume this a masterfully orchestrated scheme by aho to get his dream jeans...? i think not.

Props for aho either way tho.

for making this available to us and/or being an evil genius out to get custom made jeans. ;)

PEACE

Since there will likely not be a majority voting for any one pocket, I think that I might be a good idea to have a 2 or 3-way run-off vote so that most people will get what they would like. Especially since about half the people want Wrangler style pockets (4 & 9) and half want Levi's style (1, 3, 7,8).

Now, a partisan comment:

What I don't understand about the wrangler people is that if you don't want the leather patch, why not just remove the stitching holding the patch on so that we can get our Wrangler-style pockets? Or else we'll just end up with another Levi's repro contest...

Since there will likely not be a majority voting for any one pocket, I think that I might be a good idea to have a 2 or 3-way run-off vote so that most people will get what they would like. Especially since about half the people want Wrangler style pockets (4 & 9) and half want Levi's style (1, 3, 7,8).

Now, a partisan comment:

What I don't understand about the wrangler people is that if you don't want the leather patch, why not just remove the stitching holding the patch on so that we can get our Wrangler-style pockets? Or else we'll just end up with another Levi's repro contest...

+rep (rahc net)

voted for 4. if you don't want some part of it you can just take it off by hand, it's not going to fuck up your jeans beyond having a few holes that will be taken care of by washing time...

i.e. you get #9 from #4, you get #1 from everything else

don't dig the exposed rivets but i guess if anything, one could just stitch a thin layer of cloth/denim over them easily? hopefully it easy

I would have been in on this if the majority wanted backpocket #3 with existing arcs (or with standard yellow samurai arcuates which would've been a nod to vintage Lee 101B jeans that had Levi's arcuates from 1938 to mid 1940s).... with rivet #2, personally i think it would have tributed to the idea of using LHT denim perfectly...

dragonsden.jpg