Socks Discussion

Vampyrvargfesten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Pringle socks from TKMAXX are top quality and great value.

When they don't have them I buy Marks and Spencer's but they don't last as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

I alternate between

Plain black socks from Pringle or Marks and Spencer

Or

Silver leopard socks as I love leopard

Or

Grey and pink roses socks :)

• 4 months later...

Outlier socks were (are?) twenty bucks a pop when you buy three, and I love them. Their merino wool is outstanding, and they just put stretch where its needed: in the heel. These socks are warm, breathe well, and refuse to get smelly. Branding is on the inside of the top of the sock, and check off another Outlier product well executed.

What do you guys think of anonymous ism socks? I have 5 pairs of sunny sports and I can't go back to anything less...

the wool-blend fair-isle ones i handled in person were pretty nice. if you can find them on sale or something, sure why not... but you already have a number of 'fair-isle'ish socks already

also, like other japanese socks like those from white mountaineering, the anonymousism socks run rather narrow...

for girls, madewell x happy socks animal print socks (leopard & zebra) are pretty cool. pair em with creepers. booyah

• 4 weeks later...

sorry if this has been answered, can any smaller-footed gentlemen out there share their experiences with any of the heattech sock line (specifically the grandrelle yarn and pique)? i'm a true 8US and i'm wondering if they'll fit snug or bunch up at the heel/ankle.

Edited by Denpatou

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For me these Flat Head socks were game changers.  They make any shoe you wear them with more comfortable, it's like wrapping your feet in a soft fluffy blanket.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1117

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1118

You kinda have to see and feel them in person, i don't believe i've ever seen a softer and thicker sock (that even compresses enough under pressure so your shoes don't end up being too tight).

2014 sock update? whats good besides all the known contenders, WM, Chup, Uniqlo etc etc...

i wear happy socks b/c i hate lyf. but in all honesty, they hold up quite well and the patterns are pretty fun.

-edit- also smartwool

Edited by herpsky

Those look they're gonna move around way too much in your shoe, you need a snug fitting sock.