Socks Discussion

Vampyrvargfesten

Hi guys. I'm looking to place an order with Grange Crafts for their Fair Isle socks. The only retailer I can find for them is Rakuten, so I'm going to buy from them directly and I'd be willing to proxy if anyone in the US wanted some. The Fair Isle socks are 4.5 Euro each and 55 Euro for a dozen while the rest of the socks they sell are about half that. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. They only accept wire transfers so if anyone wants to jump in it'll be easier to do this all together, I think. Anyway....

03dcaceed1.jpg

gra-fairsle-1.jpg

http://www.grangecraft.com/socks.htm

if you are planning on purchasing chup or sunny sports, you should rethink your purchase unless you have midg feet. jap socks = unhappy american feet

Sunny Sports fit my size 9 (brannock) feet perfectly. I think up to a size 10.5 measured could fit them well.

White Mountaineering are even more narrow, so don't go for those if chup or SS are too small for you.

I wouldn't say my feet are midg feet, probably about average since I wear a 9.5-10 sneakers, 9 dress shoes. I think these socks fit the average foot well.

Sunny Sports fit my size 9 (brannock) feet perfectly. I think up to a size 10.5 measured could fit them well.

White Mountaineering are even more narrow, so don't go for those if chup or SS are too small for you.

I wouldn't say my feet are midg feet, probably about average since I wear a 9.5-10 sneakers, 9 dress shoes. I think these socks fit the average foot well.

I wear size 11 and all the White Mountaineering socks I own fit me perfectly well. I'm wearing them right now actually. Not too small or narrow at all...

^^There ya go. Well, I own the current season Sunny Sports as well as White Mountaineering and the Sunny Sports run larger than the WM, so unless you consider size 11 US midget feet, I don't know what's going on with your socks. I've also seen the Chup at Union and they looked larger than the WM.

Gotta go with M.O.A. and myself on this one.