singapore :: general

ellow

• 1 month later...

anyone knows of a good 'tailor' in singapore that deals with leather goods? ive got a small rip along a seam on a leather and i need some re-inforcing.

ive heard of tailors like dr john and winning tailor, but im not sure if they deal with leather goods.

or any other suggestions from personal experience

help much appreciated. thanks!

• 8 months later...

haven't really given it too much thought tbh, probably something in a similar vein to my current pair (orgreen). would also be interested in some prescription sunglasses, I take it lenses are reasonably priced here too (at least compared to Oz)?

thanks again for the recommendation man. visited pacific optical today and ended up spending a bit over 1K on a pair of glasses and sunnies haha, would have cost me a bundle more back home though and the optometrist was top notch as well.

• 1 month later...

bump.

Nothing to do with jawn but curious how you all deal with or get out of conscription?

Met a guy today who told me when he was younger his dad realised he fucked up and forced him to go back to Singapore for this. After the initial 3-month training period where you are locked in, his dad told the Sing government that he had to come back to Australia for family emergency. Hasn’t been back since. Said his dad bought him an Audi for the grief. lol

Is there a legit way to get out of enlisting? Or you just wear your RO to boot camp?

nah , theres no way you can get out except running away and never come back to singapore .

even the minister's son have to serve the mandatory 2 years .

never understood why we have to serve ... since im planning to migrate to j-land in the future ...

only two ways about it:

- give up your citizenship

- be certified medically unfit for enlistment.

you have to serve then they allow you to give it up . if its possible to give it up like right now , i will do it and save myself from all this shitbag and migrate away .

• 2 weeks later...

yes they do. there is a section at TANGS departmental store around the menswear section (3rd floor if i remember correctly) that also carries a curated selection of KIN stuff including their SIFR line. you can find a few pairs of Moscot eyewear there too if you're in the heart of the shopping district in Singapore. otherwise you can head down to their main store along Haji lane.

thanks rat for the help

by the by, any recommendations for new stores in singapore?

my last trip down the causeway was 2 years ago, followed the superfuture maps which led me to haji lane, surrender, ambush, leftfoot, the works..

anything new that happened in the singapore shopping scene between 2009 and now?

i know arc closed down, never got to see that

style nordic moved

ion orchard is open (anything worthy in there?)

apc opened

so is a curious teepee

keen to check out sifr and actually

any other noteworthy spots to hit?

actually actually (just behind actually) stocks complex geometries, juun j, pleasure principle etc.

blackmarket and blackmarket no. 2 at jalan pisang and orchard cetral respectively, stocks local and regional brands.

ambush and surrender has moved to Mandarin Gallery and Raffles Hotel respectively.

The Denim Store is located at Madarin Gallery, stocks flathead, pure blue japan, sugar cane, red wing shoes, sander shoes, 5preview, redmoon leather goods, nudie jeans etc.

Rockstar by Soon Lee located at orchard cineleisure stocks pointer shoes, keep shoes, TOMS, and select lifestyle products.

ION orchard has a decent selection of luxury brands and houses Uniqlo as well. another Uniqlo outlet is at 313 Somerset where they carry the +J line.

pretty sure i missed out somemore..

Hi,

So, i'm heading to Singapore in a week and i was wondering if the New Comme des Garcons shop replaced the CDG Black shop? or whether they both still exist?

Also, are there any good stockists of men's Rick Owens or Demeulemeester in Singapore?

thanks rat for the help

by the by, any recommendations for new stores in singapore?

my last trip down the causeway was 2 years ago, followed the superfuture maps which led me to haji lane, surrender, ambush, leftfoot, the works..

anything new that happened in the singapore shopping scene between 2009 and now?

i know arc closed down, never got to see that

style nordic moved

ion orchard is open (anything worthy in there?)

apc opened

so is a curious teepee

keen to check out sifr and actually

any other noteworthy spots to hit?

You just missed Chinese New Year Sales.

Anyways, Know It Nothing has an ongoing sale on sifr, engineered garments and gitman vintage. Get your kop on.

Front row moved from Ann Siang to Raffles Hotel.

Otherwise singapore is pretty much the same as few years ago. All import labels mostly carry a price premium.

ION is mostly hiked-up luxury brands like LV, Prada, YSL etc.

Ambush now carries Our Legacy and Robert Geller, Surrender now carries thom browne, visvim clothes and gitman. Be prepared to pay exorbitant prices.

Better off saving cash for Japan retail.

You just missed Chinese New Year Sales.

Anyways, Know It Nothing has an ongoing sale on sifr, engineered garments and gitman vintage. Get your kop on.

Front row moved from Ann Siang to Raffles Hotel.

Otherwise singapore is pretty much the same as few years ago. All import labels mostly carry a price premium.

ION is mostly hiked-up luxury brands like LV, Prada, YSL etc.

Ambush now carries Our Legacy and Robert Geller, Surrender now carries thom browne, visvim clothes and gitman. Be prepared to pay exorbitant prices.

Better off saving cash for Japan retail.

thanks for the word up on the KIN sale, too bad i wont be down until middle of March for the Mosaic Festival.

coincidentally, i am planning a trip to tokyo this year, around sept. summer sales season is apparently between july and august, but i can't see the logic of visiting a country at a time when it is even hotter than my own country...

coincidentally, i am planning a trip to tokyo this year, around sept. summer sales season is apparently between july and august, but i can't see the logic of visiting a country at a time when it is even hotter than my own country...

Jbeezies in skimpy tops = WIN

Where to stay in SG for cheap (100-150SGD/night) that's not in the red light district and walking distance to a bus stop/train?

i m gonna be staying at hangout at mount emily

price is about 120/night

no frills lodge with private rooms, not exactly a hotel, dont expect a swimming pool or things like that

reviews have been good and so does the pics

• 1 month later...
i m gonna be staying at hangout at mount emily

price is about 120/night

no frills lodge with private rooms, not exactly a hotel, dont expect a swimming pool or things like that

reviews have been good and so does the pics

you should also check out mayo-inn, located between little india, haji lane, outside of orchard it's quite ideal if you are on a flashpacker budget.

check the link for more info

http://knowitnothing.blogspot.com/2010/04/fuur-for-mayo-inn.html