Uniqlo S/S 10 (incl +J)

readytoignite

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man went through there this weekend and they don't have a fucking thing that's good. was going to pick up some new oxfords to replace a couple the laundromat destroyed and the fabric is so shitty anymore.

uniqlo, why you gotta do me wrong?

The fabric is worse than in the past, but they're still 20 bucks and fit quite well (for me at least). I got a couple of them the other day. Everything at uniqlo right now is generic with bad fabrics. The socks and t-shirts are still worth it though.

I've been thinking about the Uniqlo quality a lot lately. They've really blown up as a company and are pretty much raking it in nowadays. I wonder whether they are going down the route of cutting costs because they know they can get away with it?

Not to say that their stuff falls apart quickly or anything, but for someone who has been a Uniqlo fan for years, there is a noticeable difference in quality as of late.

I've been thinking about the Uniqlo quality a lot lately. They've really blown up as a company and are pretty much raking it in nowadays. I wonder whether they are going down the route of cutting costs because they know they can get away with it?

Not to say that their stuff falls apart quickly or anything, but for someone who has been a Uniqlo fan for years, there is a noticeable difference in quality as of late.

i think it is corollary to their reducing the price points on said items - didn't the oxfords start out as $30/40? i agree the nyc stock has reflected a slight shift in their target demographic towards later adopters, what can you say? shit changes

i know this is kinda late, but anyone in ny wanna proxy me 5 of those smooth dry t's? ill pay 10%+shipping along with the total. theyre on sale today or something

• 1 month later...

I'm a true 34/44 and I know another true 34/44, we both wear XS. Unless your arms are pretty long (tall, lanky dude?) the XS sleeves should be fine.

Also, be careful. They have a lot of new blazers available in store as part of their "Wool Collection" but it's all SEPARATES with NO MATCHING PANTS. It's incredibly frustrating. Make sure the things you order are a suit set.

cross-post from thefashionspot +J thread.

UNIQLO to Launch 2010 Fall/Winter Collection on October 7, 2010

August 9, 2010 (New York, NY) : UNIQLO is pleased to announce the +J 2010 Fall/Winter Collection, created together with fashion designer Ms. Jil Sander will be in store on Thursday, October 7, 2010.

The date marks the one-year anniversary of the original +J launch in October 2009. Within one year, +J has gained worldwide esteem and recognition from a large and highly diversified group of customers.

The +J Fall/Winter Collection continues to explore the territory between couture and sportswear, combining the lightest down jackets with shapely felt coats. Arctic blues, tempestuous greys, and the warm colors of foliage are met by the newest edition of the signature +J white shirt.

Consisting of approximately 150 items, the +J 2010 Fall/Winter Collection offers many possibilities. The essence of +J is purity. "A passport through time and space: Sculptured lines, fluid grace, modern sophistication for everyone."

UNIQLO +J Fall/Winter 2010 Collection Product Price Range: Women

Outerwear $129.90 - $229.90

Bottoms $59.90-$69.90

Denim $49.90

Shirts $49.90 - $79.90

Dresses $99.90-$149.90

Cut and Sewn $15.90-79.90

Sweaters $49.90-179.90

UNIQLO +J Fall/Winter 2010 Collection Product Price Range: Men

Outerwear $69.90 - $229.90

Bottoms $59.90-$79.90

Denim $49.90

Shirts $49.90

Cut and Sewn $19.90-$59.90

Sweaters $59.90-179.90

Accessories $29.90-$129.90

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/news/2010/08/uniqlo_to_launch_2010_fallwint.html

The men's double-breasted coat is $190. Hope it is as amazing as it looks.

In the earlier version of the Fall/Winter lookbook, they had a mohair v-neck sweater. But in the most recent lookbook they only have the lambswool cardigans and merino/cashmere knitwear. Anyone know if they will actually be releasing the mohair? Would buy that up.