Uniqlo S/S 10 (incl +J)

readytoignite

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by today in shanghai, they had maybe 3/4 of the +J pieces out on the racks. Both mens n womens had some nice steeze, but my torso is quite an inverted triangle shape so I ain't really be fitting anything real proper so didn't end up picking any plusJ up.(asian size L: shoulders too small+ perfect body fit, XL: shoulders perfect+ fat body. I'm still holding out for the +j raincoat piece and the white suit but it's a bit too early in winter for me to be thinking about spring. I can afford to sleep on it over here cos there is virtually no hype over +J.

The quilted items are super thin and if ur the right body shape; real fkn nice. I couldn't fit them proper cos the arm holes are too small for a well fitted torso. Anyways the dark blazers are made of some sorta plasticy stiffer fabric seems like it was somehow designed to maybe resist water or somthing?

Ended up getting amother fuck load of shit. chinoes, shirts n basics all on sale over here. I did spot the pants with the button

pockets posted above but didn't really give them a proper look over.

i like the cotton suit jacket. the lapel and button stance looks good

i'm nitpicking about some of the details on fw +J stuff i handled. i would have liked to seen viscose instead of polyester lining on the suit jacket and pants pockets. the polyester they used feels dry and crinkly, just really cheap.

some of the hardware wasn't good. the cheap marbled plastic buttons on both the light gray suit and blazer looked awful. should have opted for plain black plastic ones instead. the thing is some of the women's suits and chesterfield coats got decent, albeit shiny looking buttons

need this

Would have kopped, if not for the material.

Although the fit is decent and the price is tempting.

anybody know if the flat front chinos are the same cut as the ones from last summer? wanna cop some black and maybe also gray ones.

arhghghgghghhg need to get to london soon...

They are pretty much the same, only difference i noticed was some hardware changes. I believe the zip is uniqlo branded rather than the universal 'vintage' zip on last summer's version. I didn't take a close look on the inside, but from the website pictures i see ugly branding on the back waistband which wasn't present in the older version.

ordered the navy wool/mohair suit because the +J FW suit i got a few months ago is too warm to wear in the summer, hopefully it will fit pretty much the same which is awesome for the price point but will let you know my opinion about it when it gets to me.

i also like that greenish/blueish colorway of the tech fabric bomber but i'm pretty sure that it will reach sale time so i'll wait.

ordered the navy wool/mohair suit because the +J FW suit i got a few months ago is too warm to wear in the summer, hopefully it will fit pretty much the same which is awesome for the price point but will let you know my opinion about it when it gets to me.

i also like that greenish/blueish colorway of the tech fabric bomber but i'm pretty sure that it will reach sale time so i'll wait.

I prefer the fit on the SS version, the trousers have more room in the thighs and you can actually put your hands in the pockets properly. The jacket fits nice and slim as usual and the material is quite thin.

I think there is more variety in shirting this season. Kopped the micro-ish collar button down shirt, it has a darted sides detail as well as being slim fit.

I still can't believe i dropped £180 at uniqlo in one go. They've upped their prices a little this season :(.

The fishtail parka that everyone was gonna go for fits like a box. It's looks pretty good; the fishtail can be snapped onto the inside to get a straight hem. Pockets looks nice and stuff, but I usually go for S and even when I sized down to XS, the thing still flared out like a motherfucker. No cinches anywhere in the jacket that could alter the fit.

Also: +J already arrived in stores, but it's not up for sale. They're being held in the place where the first floor fitting rooms are; the whole section is blocked out. You can stick your head in and take a look from the outside though, the sales associates don't seem to mind as long as you don't actually go in.

The fishtail parka that everyone was gonna go for fits like a box. It's looks pretty good; the fishtail can be snapped onto the inside to get a straight hem. Pockets looks nice and stuff, but I usually go for S and even when I sized down to XS, the thing still flared out like a motherfucker. No cinches anywhere in the jacket that could alter the fit.

Yeah the fit sucks but not as bad as the material. Its pretty much the same stuff their windbreakers are made from. Possibly a tad bit heavier.