i just applied for a job at the gap

alexryb

not sure how i feel about this decision. but i'm a college student, & the mall is probably the easiest place to get a gig at this point. sick of hustlin'

anyone worked at the gap or a similar retail chain?

was it fun flirting with the female customers & then selling them overpriced, somewhat well-constructed clothing?

did you bang any of your co-workers who "live for fashion" ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how i feel about this decision. but i'm a college student, & the mall is probably the easiest place to get a gig at this point. sick of hustlin'

was it fun flirting with the female customers & then selling them overpriced, somewhat well-constructed clothing?

I used to work with gap. I did bang my co-workers. I actually banged 4 of them and tried to have a relationship with 2. Tried to keep things a secret, but worked for about 2 months. All four of them found out and two of them almost got into a fight. Rumors got spread around work, and they wouldn't let me work around any of the girls. I quit cause it was fucking boring working around guys. All in all, it was a fun 6 months.

gap is for ugly youngins.

banana republic got them dimes

being that this is my only retail experience and its around holiday times...its fucking crazy and motherfuckers are NEEDY.

OK I WILL HELP U FIND A FOUNDATION.

OH U CAME TO THE MALL W NO MONEY BUT WANT UR MAKEUP DONE>??

otherwise discounts are good....friend tells me BR is hard. give goals like selling 3k a day each. at sephora its like 31k a day goals for the group

and at BR u need to sell a certain amount to be able to make commission?

I worked mall retail, at a low-end suit joint (tip top tailors, for those in Canada). It was fun. No co-worker shenanigans, but the job was fun, and there's nothing more satisfying than pissing off the asshole who would rather die than speak to a sales associate.

by working at the gap you still get discounts at BR.. quite a bit of discounts, i believe.

My roommate just got herself a job at Armani Exchange and shortly after getting the job she was told she gets to buy a certain number of pants and tops there fore free to wear to work..

If only such an awesome thing applied to stores I was actually interested in..

employee discount is half off gap and br stuff. anyone know what jcrew is?

gap as a company micromanages like a motherfucker. and they also force you to sell there shitty credit cards. be warned they run there employee's like machines.

but i got to fuck wit alot of sophisticated hoes so it evened out

i just applied for a job at kmart. times are tough and I lost my valet job due to a reckless driving ticket and some bs due to the company's insurance not covering me.

at least no one goes to kmart.

damn du, you doing donuts in the lots? they dropped my reckless down to a exhibition of speed.

if that's true, there's probably a base pay
employee discount is half off gap and br stuff.

half off?! i'm not a huge fan of the gap, but if i can buy their shit half-off, i will.

but i got to fuck wit alot of sophisticated hoes so it evened out

rock & roll.

Just go do labor, work for a moving company or something....

I finished my MBA in the fall and couldn't find work, so I started with an Arborist making $150-200/day.

The work is really hard and a little dangerous, but you couldn't pay me to stand around all day and shoot the shit for $8 an hour, no fucking way.

Anyone worked at grocery store before? Got my first job during high school and no where else would hire kids other than supermarkets. It was boring and all labour work. But before I left I tried all the microwave dinners and then moved on to smoke hams and salad :P

yeah, dude, went that route in hs, too. when i first moved to iowa city for college, i started working at this crazy mom-n-pop grocery store/liquor boutique (3rd largest beer selection in the US). all i did was stand behind a counter for eight hours & deal with drunks, homeless people, & college bros. it was real easy but eventually i got really bored & blew up on my manager because i was sick of working every weekend. behind a goddamn counter from 6pm to 2am. fuckin sucked

EDIT:

PROOF

6pp4p4.jpg

me + sum bitch from high school that i could bang if i gave a fuck