about a brand called Jean Shop

windowpane

Everyone talks about these stretching. What about shrinking? Particularly in the length. I happened on a pair of raw Classics and they fit great, but there isn't much to play with in the length. If they come up a half or an inch, I'm OK. If they go up two or three I'm getting into highwater country. If these things are going to act like ShrinkyDinks (anyone around here old enough to remember those?) I'd rather keep them raw and sell them to someone slighty shorter.

They shouldn't shrink too much. I believe I wore mine raw for about six months and the shrinkage was about .5 to 1in., but I also think they can be stretched back out pretty easily.

Nice pair of jeans. I really enjoyed mine when I was wearing them and they typically get pulled out for yard/house work. There should be some pics of them earlier in the thread.

edit: I might have mispoke. Maybe I didn't post them in this thread. Go back a couple pages and Serge's are on there. His look way better than mine anyways. Hmmm I kinda miss have serge around.

Thanks for the quick info. I guess I'm still on the fence. I don't mind slacks or chinos that ride up your shin, but not as much with denim. And it's kind of a waste to not be able to cuff with that orange stripe. At least I have food with which to ponder now.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've bought my first pair of jean shops about 3 months ago with an 80% discount. Although they are nice, I wonder why they are that much more expensive than $150,- selvedge denim. They don't really seem that much nicer. The fades that I've seen aren't that impressive aswell.

Oh well, I can't really go wrong with a €50,- pair of jeans :).

• 1 month later...

Went to a Barneys outlet and got these Grey Jean Shop Rockers

couldn't find any info on these online so overloaded on details

Jean Shop X Barney's Co-op 25th Anniversary

51/215

dated Aug 18 2010

Grey RHT denim with a very interesting color there are specs of white and black mixed in with the grey

Rigid texture I'd estimate 15-16 oz denim

orange and white selvage

Hidden selvage coin pocket and selvage fly

Orange chambray pocket bags and half lined back pockets

Very nice RIRI Zipper

Best part was they were $35

I don't know how often i will wear these but I hope i can get some good evolution over time

The fit is not great so I may taper them.

6592597395_f29fee7f0a.jpg

IMAG0036 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

6592505815_586027d655.jpg

IMAG0029 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

6592465337_f9499cdd19.jpg

IMAG0028 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

6592458417_71affa712e.jpg

IMAG0035 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

6592462289_0d13214371.jpg

IMAG0031 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Trying on some old pairs … bought in early 06, wore them for about 2 years all in over two stints. Alot of patching esp around crotch, and new pocket bags.

Looks like Jean Shop is no more but guy that owned them saved the White Oak draper looms and helped start Vidalia Mills!

https://www.insidehook.com/article/style/vidalia-mills-reviving-american-made-selvedge-denim

90DA89B6-0785-4CB0-9AE6-1BEF06D0BFC3.jpeg

DD443D25-3293-44A7-8FAA-4AE7403B7312.jpeg

6181098D-80E2-4869-AC28-AF5B8CA1244F.jpeg

5E05400E-E09C-475E-BC65-C77FDE0254AE.jpeg