What Cut?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What Cut?

• LHT S0500
    • LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

Still waiting to hear beatle's input as the Eternal idea came first...I for one would love to own the infamous Eternal x Bears cut with sufu customization...

Although I still feel that Samurai LHT would be a great contest as well (non-Levi's, not that many people own it). Really, any contest would be great but from memory I seem to remember SDA not being as cheap/customizable? I'll have to ask Gordon about other brands (Eternal, Momotaro) but I feel like BiG has a good relationship with Samurai so things would go rather smooth...

Not sure I'd be down for a multi-cut contest (a la Levis and Full Count) as there'd probably be less customization...I know we can't satisfy everyone but we have a chance to make something really unique here! Let's not just buy any LHT pair and leave it at that!

+1 on cinchback btw ;)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of on the lines of what hendodo said, kind of crazy and impossible, but awesome:

Maybe a collab of two brands and BiG?

Like samurai Lee/Wrangler repro cut and details, but with eternal denim?

But again, this is probably impossible, and it kind of breaks up the jeans. I guess its down to either samurai LHT customized leepro or eternal x bears 811 customized.

^lol just to be clear, the Eternal contest might or might not be in the Eternal x Bears collab cut....it was just my wishful thinking ;)

Yeah, of course. Nothing is set in stone at all. This whole thread, for the most part up to now is wishful thinking. I, too, think that a slightly different cut would be a great addition to the contest.

I doubt that Eternal and Samurai are going to make a collab...at least with the little knowledge I have about Japanese denim industry .

BTW - Eternal 811 is almost a perfect cut - but I just could´nt see it in lht...the whole reason for an Eternal contest (10/10/10 - 12/12/12) would be to see what that denim really fades like....i believe recent evo pics have only scratched the surface and with 2 years of abuse we should see some mindblowing stuff.

i don´t see a reason not to have a Samurai contest at the same time - lht just asks for a slightly more regular - vintag cut and it would be interesting seeing 2 different kinds of styles and denim being worked on.

It seems that Gordon (I'm assuming Eternal contest would be through BiG as well?) might be willing to do both contests consecutively if he agreed to both ideas...I'm starting to think that it wouldn't matter either way to have both at the same time but lets here some more opinions on this!

I may be in, depending on the jean model(s) chosen. I'd prefer something that is mid/high rise.

I like the idea of different fits in the contest a la the Fullcount contest. I also like the idea of picking a lesser-known brand than Samurai (no suggestions though).

I'm in as long as the denim is LHT... We really need some variety here....

SDA, SAM, SC, you name it... just have to to be LHT... and it will be cool if we make it with WWII details...

I agree, I'm not concerned who makes them as long as they're LHT.

I'll add in my vote is for a non-skinny, mid to high rise cut. They don't have to be relaxed or full, but I want enough room to be comfortable. Of the MIJ jeans I have, the Warehouse #800 is my favorite cut. High, straight, and slimming without being tight.

low/mid rise

NO cinchback (just believe me, you don't want that on your jeans)

straight fit with taper (down from the knee)

hidden arcs

hidden rivets

(hidden) selvage coin pocket

A fast fading pair would be nice too.

And like I said before, I would love to see a Warehouse contest again.

Maybe Skull or some nice Evisus? Maybe McCoys? I read so much about them, but few people actually own a pair.

It's really disappointing how these contests with customization options always result in mediocrity (see fullcount, sexdbxsufu). Not saying these jeans are "bad" or anything, but when presented with the opportunity to have CUSTOM DETAILS it always results in "mid/low rise, slim/straight fit, hidden rivets, etc." i.e. the same jeans as 90% of BiG and SE's inventory.

Do something interesting, like chambray pants with a cinchback or something.

as I said: Go with the Jins and we could choose between 4 cuts. There should be something for everyone.

Of course Samurai is well known brand, but their LHT is not.

And when talking about underrated or rather unknwon brands, don't talk about SDA because they are really well known, IMO.

But also there LHT is not well represented on here (as is nearly every LHT)

Any brand is fine by me.

Hidden arcs for sure

definitly a mid or high rise I don't like low rise much.

A nice designed leather patch

not big into cinch back but it's not a make or break.

A nice fit with roomy thighs and a taper from the knee down nothing super slim but just tapered.

Different cuts is a cool idea. Something for everyone.

I think the buttons and rivets should be a nice color like copper or nickle. something that will stand out and look good.

a red tab would be awesome.

I think something between 16-19oz would be good for all year wear.

And lastly a cool looking selvage line like those SDA RHT LHT.

Any brand is fine by me.

Hidden arcs for sure

definitly a mid or high rise I don't like low rise much.

A nice designed leather patch

not big into cinch back but it's not a make or break.

A nice fit with roomy thighs and a taper from the knee down nothing super slim but just tapered.

Different cuts is a cool idea. Something for everyone.

I think the buttons and rivets should be a nice color like copper or nickle. something that will stand out and look good.

a red tab would be awesome.

I think something between 16-19oz would be good for all year wear.

And lastly a cool looking selvage line like those SDA RHT LHT.

could be a problem while Gordon is the organizer/supplier

Yea i figured it was a shot in the dark but would definitly be cool. What would the restrictions be on small red stitched box with maybe BiG or something stitched into it. Do you know what i mean?

timedb.jpg

like the DB ones only all red and something stitched in it. Not as durable as a red tab but still cool.

It's really disappointing how these contests with customization options always result in mediocrity (see fullcount, sexdbxsufu). Not saying these jeans are "bad" or anything, but when presented with the opportunity to have CUSTOM DETAILS it always results in "mid/low rise, slim/straight fit, hidden rivets, etc." i.e. the same jeans as 90% of BiG and SE's inventory.

Do something interesting, like chambray pants with a cinchback or something.

As someone participating in the Full Count contest, mediocre isn't a word I'd use to describe my jeans, or the contest. I don't think they were meant to be all that custom, just showcase Full Count's products and one of their types of denim (and I dare any body to top the denim used in my 0105Cs).

As for getting too carried away with customization.... you have to appeal to as many people as possible, have a product that is as wearable as possible, and there's a limit to how much you can do with the classic five pocket jean.