Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

Anybody here familiar with he Tempest Analog Drum Machine? If so, how do you like it? 

My friend who I work on music with has the Tempest and loves it. It's a bit of a learning curve for sure, but it's got a lot of options and is very versatile and most importantly sounds great. In addition to drum sounds it can make a lot of cool synth sounds as well, bass, pads, effects etc... One common complaint that I have heard about the Tempest is that the OS is still a work in progress. But even still as is it's still a great analog drum machine, especially if you can find one used and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

https://soundcloud.com/djhcpwm/vibrations-dimensional-rewarp-dj-heterosexual-cisgender-privileged-white-male

thing i made the other day

the eq'ing's pretty shit i kno but my headphones r fucked n i fucked up my speakers by accidentally setting the resonance too high (among other things lol) on my sherman filter without a limiter n boom ownage

I'm really set on on the Maschine MK2, but I still like analog as well. Anyone want to share their thoughts on the MK2? I want to produce tracks versus really performing live. Anyone? Thanks automation, for the reply.

I'm really set on on the Maschine MK2, but I still like analog as well. Anyone want to share their thoughts on the MK2? I want to produce tracks versus really performing live. Anyone? Thanks automation, for the reply.

You can get a small modular set up or an analog synth and record a bunch of stuff and then use the Maschine Mk2 as a sampler or trigger. There's a daw inside and people have successfully used it for live use as well as production use, but it's going to be much more limited than having a full featured DAW like Logic. All of these things are just tools, but you need an environment to play with these tools. For about $5-600 you can get a Maschine Mikro mk2 and something like a Microbrute and immediately do everything you want to do without breaking the bank. Yes, eventually you'll feel limited but when that day comes, which shouldn't really be for a while, you'll know exactly where you want to go. 

To those looking at op-1 or maschine, I would also suggest taking a look at a common household device like the iPad or iPad Mini. The impc pro app is really good and with audio bus you have access to phenomenal synths like Nave and Animoog that go above and beyond what analog and even some plug ins can do. The bonus is you can take it everywhere and record audio directly to it, sample whatever whenever, and if you audio bus to garage band you can just save your projects and open them up on the laptop in logic or gb for further work. 

ive made beats since i was 16 years old. i learned on a kort triton but now i use ableton. 

not much of a setup tbh i just have a midi keyboard and a good pair of headphones.

ive sold a few beats but im more into making stuff for myself

• 2 weeks later...

i have been making music pretty solidly, finished an ep with looped live drums soft synths and vocals.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8ggr58nz7urlq/tryonics-mountainous

have started playing guitar in a band again, and today knocked out this on a friend's logic rig, wanted to borrow black metal harmonic ideas in a pop context.

https://soundcloud.com/haptronic/slave-to-the-grind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://soundcloud.com/speedating

115bpm drum techno project, working on tracking a few things currently

bring the hats & perc up a bit, use an RMS meter if necessary, the kick is really subby/distorted and dominates the mix, i know it's kind of supposed to in techno but it's still a little off, just what i hear at first listen, nice riddims tho.