Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

• 2 weeks later...

Any advice to someone that is interested in producing, but does not know how to play instruments? I have all of these crazy ideas for different sounds but I have no instrument experience. DO I need to know how to actually play instruments in order to understand and work with midi controller and things like that?

nope. get a midi keyboard and get a move on it!

on the same boat as AnKZ. if a get a midi keyboard, i can start fucking around with logic 9?

on the same boat as AnKZ. if a get a midi keyboard, i can start fucking around with logic 9?

you don't even need a midi keyboard if you just want to play around and hear sounds from various VSTs/AUs, press caps lock in Logic 9 and you can play notes on your keyboard, a midi keyboard would be better but isn't totally necessary if you're just looking to fuck around a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone have any tips for tracking from the mpc? (2500 specifically)

not particularly interested in working with midi. there has to be a way to just send the sounds that make up each sequence's tracks into a daw and then mix them down digitally, right? just trying to do things as simply as possible for now. 

also, going to search the whole thread but if anyone has any drum packs they wouldn't mind sharing id really appreciate it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coming out next month...

BeatStep_650.png

instacop

-standalone

-cvout

-internal clock

-quick switch btw midi controller and step sequencing mode

-only $100

this alone with a mpk25 is already a pretty functional little drum machine not to mention the billion other things you can do.  cant believe no one has ever thought of something like this at this pricepoint

good afternoon gents,

just launched a new music pre-ordering service (http://spawnsong.com) that's meant to build hype for upcoming songs.

kickstarter for fresh music, as it's been affectionately called.

I built this as a means for artists (both widely recognized, and not-so-widely recognized) to make a more sustainable living from their craft.

you post a short clip, tell your fans about it on twitter / facebook, and then hopefully profit!

we just launched literally 2 days ago, so the site is most definitely a work in progress.

if you have any questions or feedback (especially bad feedback, I want it gimme gimme gimme), you can hit me up at:

justin [at] spawnsong.com , or just respond to this thread, as I'll be sure to check back in.

Edited by pooMonger

• 2 weeks later...

I was super underwhelmed by the Monomachine, and I'm normally a huge fan of Elektron. I just can't help but feel that if you've already got something that can do convincing external sequencing then there are more powerful boxes available. Maybe I just don't livejam with polyphony enough?