Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

With all at that said, here's a lex luger type beat i did for a friend which got rejected because it was too "gangsta" for his idea. So i might as well post it here.

DDAMN SON WHERED YA FIND THIS

your snares and high hats need some BEEF, they sound like they have a high-pass on them or something, maybe look into some sample-based ones?

yeah i realize that man. they sound hollow. i tried adding another layer with of the hats and snares and lowered the volume a little which helped a bit but not good enough though.

thanks for the input. i'll try using sampled drum kits next time!

I make beats and rap :cool: ... all i have is a little keyboard my laptop and reason 5 ... but I haven't really made any new beats recently 'cuz i don't my keyboard right now..

oh . and if anyone has a reason 6 d/l link .. pllleeeeasse pm me

just bought an MPD24, slowly getting more comfortable in Ableton Live. this thing is the fucking truth, perfect for what i want to do. next buy will most likely be monitor cans, but for right now, i'm too buy sampling/flipping to even care. i want to eventually branch into a trip-hop way, but right now i'm having a blast sampling old favourite songs and adding my own little drum track to them. i wanted to getinto hip-hop production for at least 10 years now, but guitar/piano playing instead put that dream on hold. woo.

Anybody into modular synths?? Think I'm finally gonna take the plunge soon, Eurorack to start obviously, really liking modules from bubblesound and intellijel.

yeah, they're a lot of fun, can be a real money suck, but hold pretty high resale value. recently I've found that they're not as expressive as keyboard synths but its all about what you want, that's just for my personal music. I highly recommend you get a synthesis technology E350 and a make noise maths. both are pretty expensive but truly outstanding modules. maths is hard to explain but everyone calls it a 'must have' and it really is, especially in small systems. really versatile. the e350 is a wavetable oscillator which can do some crazy morphing sounds and can be clean and glassy or thick and aggressive. if you haven't found it yet, muffwiggler is the best modular forum.

• 2 weeks later...

the deadline is tomorrow, so if you want to enter you'd have to hurry. although rameses mentioned in the rules that if a remix was dope enough they would allow a late entry.

Posted · Hidden by crucialkc, December 31, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by crucialkc, December 31, 2011 - No reason given

i know nothing about gear or djing but am in the market for something that can do all of the basic necessities (pitch control, bpm, crossfade, cue points, play/record samples, etc. fx would be nice too). i was thinking about an akai apc40 but was wondering if you guys had any recommendations.. thanks!