Removing basment funki from raw denim ( no wash )

__3xL

fellas from what I understand the mildew smell is actually mold spores that has not "bloomed" into actual mold as of yet

BLM- It's the only pair of raw jeans I own. I purposely bought um 1 size small so I could wear um raw after I lost my last 20 lbs .

They were in a garment bag at my bro's house basement and he didnt tell me the dehumidifier broke months ago.

I just want them to still be raw is all

raw with no smells

sure I am mad at you !! right now you are crying and don´t even want to wash the jeans - and just the other day these precious pants were kept in a dungeon without air and wear !!

You can´t have it both ways...

L***O****L ....sorry - this thread was just to tempting to walk away from *****

Ok, ok, here's the plan.

Put on your stinky jawnz

Fill the tub with hawt water and dr bronners

sit in tub with jeans on and use the soapy water to clean them.

Air dry and when about halfway dry, put them on and let them dry on you

This way, you get a real wash AND you don't have to worry about shrinkage.

Spray your jeans lightly with anti-fungal spray? They sell it at CVS for athlete's foot and shit like that. I've never used it so no idea on if it will work or smells or anything and I'd just wash but you want options so... there's one

I mean the most effective option IS washing - but with Borax detergent - and then soaking them in a 50/50 vinegar/water mix and rinsing .

That is why I am reserved about washing to know the mold is gone - it would be like 4 washings in one with such powerful wash powder .

I know if I wash they would still be stiff enough though not raw and I could mold them to my fit again / no pun intended

Anti-Fungal spray MAY work , but there are so many different forms of mold n fungi that it really might not

Also where the hell Imma find an autoclave blm . good solution though

UV sterilization ?

in all seriousness.. go try the UV steriliizer method if u want them to stay 'dry'..

i'm not talking about those UV led lights u use to check whether a bill is real or not.. i'm talking about real UV sterilizers that are used in salt water fish tank filtration..

one thing I would like to add.. fungus only grows when it's damp and dark..

as soon as you put the jeans in a dry/hot environment, it dies..

of course you can try baking them in an oven for very low temps, but I wouldn't guarantee that your jeans won't get burnt..

dependent on where you live, you could try putting them in a car under hot weather for the whole day.. everything dies in that type of environment..

you could also try putting the jeans under the hood in a hot engine bay..

or bring them to a dry sauna?