superfashion > requests & questions

hikyw

hsj2bo.jpg

This guy is wearing last season. Looks like this season is no voodoo dolls on the necklace, instead they are an extra usb stick that comes with all the necklaces, thus much lower quality.

http://www.ln-cc.com/accessories/the-inoue-brothers-ubuntu-handmade-beaded-necklace/invt/inn010011ras/

EDIT: Are you gonna use it as a necklace? I would just make my own in either case. I'll make one for you for a hundred :P

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
no idea what his one is.

but a quick search of "double strap leather bracelet" yields - http://la-riga.com/node/58 amongst the droves of goth cosplay sites.

yeah, just looks one one of those bracelet things that nu-metal du's wear.

That guy in the pic may have DIY'd it but I have to ask to make sure: you guys know that that is an actual style of boot, right?

I have a rather cheap pair of suede bucks and I want to change the colour of their eyelets from white to either silver-y or black. In the past I've tried just scraping the paint off to show the metal underneath but that turned out poorly. Anybody know what kind of paint I could use to do this, or if it would be worth getting a cobbler to replace them?

Also: is it okay to dye a knit sweater with regular fabric dye?

I have a rather cheap pair of suede bucks and I want to change the colour of their eyelets from white to either silver-y or black. In the past I've tried just scraping the paint off to show the metal underneath but that turned out poorly. Anybody know what kind of paint I could use to do this, or if it would be worth getting a cobbler to replace them?

Also: is it okay to dye a knit sweater with regular fabric dye?

it depends on what the material is on the sweater. You would get a different dye for natural rather than synthetic, eg wool vs acrylic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody know how identification numbers on clothes work? Is there a way to check what items the numbers correspond to?

In my case it's OG Helmut Lang that came with a guarantee-card and identification number, but I believe this should be pretty easy to fake or put a card from a different item on something else etc. I don't really believe it's fake, but the guarantee-card made me curious.

Anybody know how identification numbers on clothes work? Is there a way to check what items the numbers correspond to?

In my case it's OG Helmut Lang that came with a guarantee-card and identification number, but I believe this should be pretty easy to fake or put a card from a different item on something else etc. I don't really believe it's fake, but the guarantee-card made me curious.

First I've heard of a guarantee card on any OG Helmut pieces. As far as I know, the serial/i.d numbers on clothing tags are typically for the use of the manufacturer to help them catalog, i.d. and sort the run of certain piece and for the retailer to verify their order of stock of a certain item. The bigger the run, the more likely a serial number is printed somewhere on the inner tags. Older Lang (1986-1990-ish) doesn't have any serial/id numbers on the inner tags.

Maybe you've got an unbranded prototype or runway piece.

Does it have any original tags at all? If so, post a picture and I can verify. I've seen them all. :P

Yeah, it's the first time I've seen the guarantee-card as well. And the item it came with was a bracelet from SS 2003, so no tags. But it's stamped with Lang Made in Italy and I'm like 98% certain it's legit.

It's just the card that got me curious. It's labeled Helmut Lang Shirt which I'm pretty sure I've never seen either, always just HL or HL Jeans. Never seen anything like it before, but then again I haven't looked at his newer stuff either. And then I decided to ask here to satisfy my fashion Aspergers.

Helmut Lang Shirt is from early 2000's right around the time they moved heavily into branding. It was a dress shirting line that was meant satisfy the demand for HL branded clothing that was still safe enough for the average consumer to wear. A lot of Helmut Lang Shirt shirts have an embroidered HL for that instant brand recognition. Well made shirts, regardless.