MEGA-DEATH (RIP) THREAD

seksu!

• 1 year later...

I sold half of mine the day they announced he was stepping down...

Also, for the record, given his diagnosis (early stage pancreatic malignancy in 2004 and a liver transplant in 2009) it's a fucking miracle that he survived as long as he did. Your average pancreatic cancer patient would probably kill to have a survivorship period so long.

even his arch-nemesis has kind words

Bill Gates, the former chief executive of Microsoft, said in a statement that he was “truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’s death.” He added: “The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.”

Never owned a single apple product but I can't deny that jobs did make some cool shit. My dad died of the same cancer last year so I know how his family feels and can be proud of the battle he fought. RIP

I was late to the party. Yeah I bought an iPod when they came out, but held out on the computers. It wasn't until I identified with his undying love and appreciation for a proper aestethic that I gave in. I've never looked back. His drive for appearance and quality is something all of us here can relate to, whether or not you are an apple user.

He was a true innovator and held true to his ideals and dreams. A total inspiration. I can't wait to see the next generation of inventors and engineers who follow in his steps.

RIP Steve. I'll miss you.