Does Smoking Change Other People’s Perception of You?

peppermintpete

So I smoked for the first time, and it spread around pretty quick. I didn’t even breathe it into my lungs; I just inhaled it, and exhaled it. Now, it seems like people look at me different. Like my girl said that “she didn’t want to date a smokerâ€. SERIOUSLY. I only puffed, like two times. My dudes don’t like it, but they’re cool with it for the most part. But the girls. Especially the smashable/datable ones. For gods sake. Day and night, girls (and some dudes) are talking to me about the dangers of smoking like they’ve seen two many Above The Influence commercials. Maybe it’s the fact that I come from a majority asian fairly affluent suburb, but do you think that smoking changes people’s perception of you?

lol. Because of the way I look, people just assume I smoke (and I do, a lot) and cab drivers offer me smokes and shit, waitresses bring me ashtrays, servers sit me in the smoking section, and all 5 or 6 of the part-time workers at the Family Mart in my building know my brand and don't even ask me, I just say 'cigarettes' and they grab them.

ay i was at UCR last night and i was smoking a good 20 yards from the lobby entrance.. and these RA's came walking by from monte carlo night "could you guys please go smoke over there in the designated smoking area?" we're like oh sorry we're done now.. "well next time you guys decide to 'light up' please do it in your area"

my area?

^ i know the feeling, smokers get shit on alot more these days becuase of all the antismoke ads (canadian smokers: stupid.ca?)

most new people i meet are more suprised that i smoke than anything. other than that no real difference. i do feel bad for getting some friends into it tho...

lol. Because of the way I look, people just assume I smoke (and I do, a lot) and cab drivers offer me smokes and shit, waitresses bring me ashtrays, servers sit me in the smoking section, and all 5 or 6 of the part-time workers at the Family Mart in my building know my brand and don't even ask me, I just say 'cigarettes' and they grab them.

i get the whole "you look like youre a smoker" thing a fair bit

i dont know how taht works....