the unbranded brand

blm14

Found Unbrandeds on the 19.99 clearance rack at Urban Outfitters. If you are in NY the 72nd and broadway store has both grey and blue, but nothing over size 33. The 5th ave store in the lower 40s has a bigger selection of sizes in the grey (got my 34s), but only one blue (I think it was a size 29). They are all the skinny cut. The 5th ave store has them marked at 39.99, but they ring up at 19.99.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one of the chambray workshirts from urban outfitters and was a little disappointed. The construction and material is great, but the actual fit of the shirt is pretty terrible for my build. The sleeves are so long and baggy they cause my shoulders to puff out, yet I can feel the arm holes digging in to my armpits. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it, But here's some fit pictures:

k3gIlnj.jpg

2W3UUSd.jpg

iOwI9P5.jpg

yUBBqpj.jpg

Another minor issue is the selvedge, which doesn't run up the placket as I expected but instead is only present in that small triangle by the gusset. Also, the Chain-stitch run off is twice as long on one side as it is on the other.

21 oz. Unbranded tapered. These things fade like crazy. I've had them since Feb. 15 and I wear them about 5 days a week. It's been so cold this spring that I barely do anything but sit around in them. No bike rides yet, no hikes, etc. I'll probably give them a soak at the two month mark just to keep them fresh/get rid of some of the heaviness/stiffness for the summer.

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been wearing the 21oz UB221s regularly since mid December. Fit great, fading great...but...they "snap" when I walk. It's like the seat of the pants creases with each step, then releases with a little "snap" sound. If I pull them up as high on my waist as they go, it seems to help. But as they naturally rest on my hips, not sagging at all, I get a "snap...snap...snap..." with each step! I assume it is at least partially due to the thickness of the denim, and partially due to my awesome butt, but wtf. Anyone experience this?

I ordered one of the chambray workshirts from urban outfitters and was a little disappointed. The construction and material is great, but the actual fit of the shirt is pretty terrible for my build. The sleeves are so long and baggy they cause my shoulders to puff out, yet I can feel the arm holes digging in to my armpits.

I got the blue one on sale from urban and I felt the same way about the sleeve length.  I almost never wear my sleeves down though, so a messy roll-up of the sleeves works pretty well for me.

I had some UB's for about 15 minutes. They kind of made that same weird sound. The denim had the strangest hand I've ever felt, kinda glassy and smooth. The dye had a very off color as well.

The chambray shirts are only 9.99 usd in store at urban outfitters. Bought both colors. After a soak they fit perfect. I think they're more than worth it at that price!!!!

Damn! might have to run into SF and grab one. Thanks for the update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a pair of their Chinos?

I ended up ordering a pair TTS and man, they are so damn tight in the waist lol. I was barely able to get the top button to go, but I did with some effort. Anybody know if they stretch out at all? If they do, I'll go with these but if they don't I'll just have to return them.

• 4 weeks later...

About to pull the trigger on a pair of the 21oz, but wanted to get some advice here first:

I wear a 34 waist in N&F (tagged 34 = 36).  For Unbranded, the tag size is one less than the actual size.  So should I go for a 34 and expect them to stretch if necessary?  

My only other options would be to try a 33 (and hope for a LOT of stretch) or get a 36 and be stuck trying to fill 37." People are saying they do not stretch too much.

hope that didn't sound too convoluted.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by HGS

If you're going to be wearing them hard (riding bikes, skating, parkour,) then size one or two down depending on how slim you want them in the legs

If you'll be wearing them normally then get one size down or true to size.

I've skated in them about five months now and they've stretched one size to big for my liking but they still fit in the legs and look pretty good!

Hope I helped, HGS!