the unbranded brand

blm14

Has anyone seen these? I saw some today, they actually looked pretty nice. Raw rope dyed japanese indigo denim with what looked like black selvage. Chainstitched hems, a large-ish plain leather patch, no pocket branding or tabs of any kind. The price was like $80, which is a pretty good deal. Quality and construction looked pretty solid.

website's not up yet: http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/

I saw three different styles at urban outfitters today, all of which looked pretty nice. Pix (courtesy of urbn website):

10365514.jpg

more:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=16918336&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=092

Would be curious to see how these fade.

you sufu dudes are late

hypebeast already had these

and these are horrible denims

They just havent made the rounds yet on hypebeast. In order for them to be accepted there:

1) New thread must be created within 24 hours of them being available retail, in which at minimum 10 pages of invective must be posted about how horrible, derivative, ugly, insufficiently flashy, etc the garment in question is.

2) One or two people actually buy the garment and wear it with ginormously chunky skater shoes with rainbow laces and a supreme hat and t and post said fit in WAYWT

3) As many negative posts were made, are now followed by positive ones praising the brand. The evo thread fills up with pairs that have been pinched and bragging rants about non-existent wear

4) A flame war starts between the pro- and con- constituencies, and ultimately a handful of members are banned, which leads to a pro- versus con- ban discussion and further bans

5) the brand is ultimately accepted and is viewed as being acceptable, but almost never discussed in any way because it's been on the market too long

We havent gotten past step1

those look actually quite good runormal, im really gettin a pair now haha

how is the sizing on the waist?

Thanks mistahdabolina! Yeah I think they fit amazing - better than any other pair of jeans I have right now.

Skinny Fit UB101 Marked as 32" waist and advertised as a 34" inseam.

True waist (today) is 33.25 and true inseam is 36". Front rise is 9" and leg opening is 7.25"

I should note that the pair of Straight Leg unbranded I tried but ultimately returned were advertised as a 34" inseam but were actually a 33" inseam so I don't know if I just got a long pair or what.

Really curious and excited about how these break in!!!

Guest devil.beside.you

LOL. you guys are hilarious. Hypebeast is changing..its more of a lifestyle blog now, and there are a lot of sufu elements that are incorporated onto it. The only thing i find stupid are the ppl that comment on it. REGARDLESS

I have info about these jeans, as my brother snapped up a pair recently of the skinnies. I have Skulls, SUFU x DB, IH 634s and Rainbow okis in my collection, so I think im qualified to speak! I've also bought my gf many pairs of N&F

The Cut: VERY very similar to a naked n famous cut, with a little more room all around down the leg. Believe it or not, they fit a lot like my skulls, which i liked.

Quality: comparable to N&F's first lots...meaning, not bad, but not impressive. Particularly, the denim felt very light, and the stitching was questionable, especially around the crotch..in some pairs of my jeans, I've seen the stitch going back and forth over the crotch area, and my okis even have a rivet!

The denim had a very smooth finish to it, so my guess is that they cotton used is a long fibre type, it reminded me of Peruvian Pima cotton, which is very very soft.

Club Monaco had selvedge jeans recently, and these are pretty much an identical comparison.

Overall conclusion...

I would personally categorize in the same class as 3sixteen, N&F in terms of the overall value. I think both 3sixteen and N&F have better quality for sure.

Would I buy a pair? No.

I buy selvedge for the quality, and I'm willing to pay a little bit more for it. That being said, for anyone starting off in denim, this would be a good inexpensive start. You could see it as a gateway brand into diors or apcs, definitely nothing at all like denimes or samurais etc.

PS. If you've got big thighs, stay away from this. The cut wont flatter you at all. I would know, I've got thunder thighs that belong on the set of the perfect storm

i was surprised to see that these have hidden rivets and a chain-stitched hem.

The inside seam of the coin pocket is selvage which I thought was another nice detail on these.

As for my pair: been wearing them daily and starting to see some wear on them, I'm going to take photos in the next week or so for an update. The waist hasn't stretched much either which I am really happy about and they still feel nice and tight-ish around the waist.

I getting these this Friday hopefully, when will the website be up?

edit: I got the tapered ones, i dont like how they fit around the waist but, it has some good details for cheap denim as stated before, ill take pics if i can get a hold of a camera

WOW.. a lot of hypebeasts were buyin them today.. i wanted to try on a pair to see how they were, but they didnt have the tapered one in my size. i ended up trying the straight cut. It felt a little too soft imo.

frontmf.th.jpg

The skinny in a 34. my true size is a 36.

just picked these up today - the fabric is definitely softer than APC's. Should be interesting how they fade. For a 88 bucks (canadian), pretty good price point, i don't really see any jean around this region touching it. Any info on the naked and famous connection?

just picked up a pair of these. fit is quite nice, not as tight as new cures but reminiscent of them. Fabric isn't as stiff, the dye seems to be really cheap, my hands are blue whenever i wear them. the copper buttons are pretty cool, certainly stronger than N&F buttons, but i think my pair has an offcenter button : /

i don't see any reason to doubt that they are indeed japanese denim, but they aren't using denim of the same quality as N&F. i got them b/c i liked the blue stitch selvedge. they look pretty flattering on me cuffed. they're pretty slim but don't have a painted on appearance. I actually had to size up in these, and they only come in even numbered sizes (i wear a 29). nothing to write home about, but 80 bucks is chump change for raw japanese selvedge and they look alot better than the price -- as long as the button and that patch are covered by a shirt.

I am going to venture into a local UO and see this for myself.

Cheap enough to fuck with.. but I am expecting this to be the quintessential raw jean to recommend to the noobs.

somewhat offtopic: ... why can't US UO carry what the UK UO stocks? US is just always behind... :(

oh. and the reviews on the UO site are hilarious

vnoseitall (December 3, 2009)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 4 out of 5

don't listen to rawryan (read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)

"as these are raw jeans, they are supposed to be tight, uncomfortably so. anyone who has owned a pair before knows that sizing down is necessary because--after lots of wear--these jeans will stretch 1-3 waist sizes. don't be like rawryan, who sized up on these bad boys... you'll regret it. listen to the description, size down, man up while your balls are scrunched for a while, it'll be worth it when these jeans fit you perfectly."

EDIT: scour the HB threak for various fits posted..

the only reasonably helpful picture was this detail shot of the buttons and hidden rivets

1013524.jpg

saw these @ UO today.. these are pretty much a lower line by N&F.. in fact, it is made by N&F

for the price, they are ok.. but i have doubts about the claim of high quality japanese rope dyed denim

are these really made by n&f....thats what i thought when i first saw them, everything seems, similar, branding details etc...

are these really made by n&f....thats what i thought when i first saw them, everything seems, similar, branding details etc...

I know that Urban Outfitters will often work with am established clothing company to release an exclusive line of clothing through Urban Outfitters. Obesity & Speed, The Cast, are 2 companies that come to mind that have done this. In both cases the Urban Outfitters price was reasonably lower than the name branded company behind it. With that in mind a N&F connection doesn't seem that unusual or them working with an already established clothing company.

Oddly enough the fit of the unbranded brand skinny jean fits me better than any other jean that I have bought or tried on. Really wish my Dry Bones had fit as well as these!!! Since they fit so well I am going to wear these through the winter to see where they get.

just picked up a pair of these. fit is quite nice, not as tight as new cures but reminiscent of them. Fabric isn't as stiff, the dye seems to be really cheap, my hands are blue whenever i wear them. the copper buttons are pretty cool, certainly stronger than N&F buttons, but i think my pair has an offcenter button : /

i don't see any reason to doubt that they are indeed japanese denim, but they aren't using denim of the same quality as N&F. i got them b/c i liked the blue stitch selvedge. they look pretty flattering on me cuffed. they're pretty slim but don't have a painted on appearance. I actually had to size up in these, and they only come in even numbered sizes (i wear a 29). nothing to write home about, but 80 bucks is chump change for raw japanese selvedge and they look alot better than the price -- as long as the button and that patch are covered by a shirt.

they come in odd sizes too. just pick them up online if you can't find your size in store. about the indigo rubbing off on your hands .. i wouldn't attribute this to "cheap dye", that's common across all raw denim.