the unbranded brand

blm14

Has anyone seen these? I saw some today, they actually looked pretty nice. Raw rope dyed japanese indigo denim with what looked like black selvage. Chainstitched hems, a large-ish plain leather patch, no pocket branding or tabs of any kind. The price was like $80, which is a pretty good deal. Quality and construction looked pretty solid.

website's not up yet: http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/

I saw three different styles at urban outfitters today, all of which looked pretty nice. Pix (courtesy of urbn website):

10365514.jpg

more:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=16918336&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=092

Would be curious to see how these fade.

at that price they can only be a bargain, but your probably in the same boat as a lot of us........do you really need more new denim?.......the reason i say its like n&f is because the denim looks very similar in the pics, and the weight 14.5 oz, i think is the same as n&fs raw selvage.

friend of mine bought a pair of each style. the slims weren't so slim. more like a straight. they have a blue selvage that's probably nylon as it's pretty shiny. an unexpected detail were the hidden rivets on the back pockets. all in all pretty decent, but like blosom said, do you really need another pair?

I actually have a pair of these jeans on right now!

I ordered both the Slim Fit and the Skinny Fit jeans and ended up keeping the Skinny fit and returning the Slim fit. Both pairs were marked 34" inseam but IRL the Slim had a 33.5" inseam and the Skinny had a 36" inseam. As for the waist, the Skinny fit 32 was a 33" waist and the Slim 31 waist was a 32.5 inch waist.

I don't know enough about raw denim to tell about quality of stitching, etc. compared to other brands but so far I am happy with these jeans. I'd be more than happy to take some fit picks and keep updates on them.

I'd be all for putting some time into a pair of the slim straights if someone stateside or close to an Urban could/would proxy me a pair, I'm not really all that into paying almost half the price of these things for shipping...

if anyone is willing, let me know, definitely down if someone could help me out.

Here are some quick picks from work. These are the Skinny fit - Size 32.

For reference I am 6 foot and 170ish lbs...

neal2.jpg

neal3.jpg

neal1.jpg

This is after 6 days of wear so far....

One more thing: in the Urban Outfitters pictures these look black but IRL they look like really dark indigo. I actually had a chance to compare these to some other jeans and these seem really nice - especially for the price!

PPS. I will take better photos in the future so you can see the detail - these are just basic idea of the fit....

totally off-topic, but what's that belt?!

The belt is actually from Express. The buckle is cool up close it has a bunch of text and sayings on it. Sometimes their belts are great, other years not so much. This is a link to their current belts: http://www.express.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?user_att_value=Email&user_att_name=Interest&Mppg=0&Mcatpn=category&Mpper=12&subCategoryId=74&Mcatg=cat_1&Mcat=74&Mcatp=cat_73&Mrsaa=*&Mpos=1&parentCategoryId=1&Mcatn=Belts&Mpg=SEARCH%2BNAV&categoryId=73&Mrsavf=*