Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can get MTM oxfords from ModernTaillor.com for like $60 shipped.

I have several. Spread collars, club collars, BD's, etc. They're great.

Don't try to measure yourself, get a shirt that already fits and send the garment measurements instead. Much easier to measure a shirt than your own body.

You can get MTM oxfords from ModernTaillor.com for like $60 shipped.

I have several. Spread collars, club collars, BD's, etc. They're great.

Don't try to measure yourself, get a shirt that already fits and send the garment measurements instead. Much easier to measure a shirt than your own body.

how's the shirt quality, fitting, etc?

i'd like to make a few custom shirts for myself.

quality is better supposedly on the non-sale fabrics.

fit is good if you measure your best fitting shirts correctly and make proper adjustments where needed.

there has been stories of holes forming at the elbow (for the fabrics on sale).

overall, a lot of people are satisfied and i am personally in the process of ordering.

Anyone have measurements for a TB1 OCBD? New or one that has not shrank a lot? Measurements for a 15-32.5 ...

Need the chest/waist/and "hip"

Anyone can help me out...

Looking for waist and hip measurements on a TB1 OCBD:

This would be the ideal shirt I would want to use as reference

Right now I am estimating :(

quality is better supposedly on the non-sale fabrics.

fit is good if you measure your best fitting shirts correctly and make proper adjustments where needed.

there has been stories of holes forming at the elbow (for the fabrics on sale).

overall, a lot of people are satisfied and i am personally in the process of ordering.

This is partially true. It doesn't matter whether or not the fabric is on sale, as plenty go on sale because the pattern is unpopular.

The trick is to specify "2-ply", and you will get a much more durable product. The blue oxford for the demo shirt is a 2-ply fabric and is excellent, although I wish it was a coarser/heavier oxford.

I like all of mine, and even my very first shirt was perfectly wearable and is still in my rotation. If you measure a shirt rather than your own body, there isn't much trial and error.

Their biggest problem is fabrics only being available for a short period. Buying swatches is useless, because most fabrics disappear forever after a few weeks. You can only ever be guaranteed to get what is on the site at any given time, not what you may have seen weeks/months ago.

Their biggest problem is fabrics only being available for a short period. Buying swatches is useless, because most fabrics disappear forever after a few weeks. You can only ever be guaranteed to get what is on the site at any given time, not what you may have seen weeks/months ago.

This is both a good and a bad thing IMO. I've been looking at tailorstore for a while, and their fabric rotation is too slow IMO.

im broke as fuck, has anybody tried just making a new account and ordering another demo shirt?

#peasant

Thats some serious peasant shit going on here, but I guess you should also have another shipping adress and perhaps even another credit card/paypal account. If you're willing to go this far, it would be the same as being another person ordering.

• 2 weeks later...

ModernTailor finally came in:

Xpost from SF - -

Quick post-order comments:

I used a TB1 OCBD measurement and made proper adjustments when ordering. Surprised in a good way at how it came out.

Arm is rather slim (I have been hitting the gym though :happy:) I would adjust the wrist area as it is super puffing out from my POV

Body fits nicely, not sure if I would make any adjustments there. Any smaller and I feel I will be constrained. Again, gym = bigger :embar:

Material on the sample is rather thin, VERY little [or should I say minimal] transparency. I like it and it suits what I was looking for.

Waiting process took awhile, I was anxious but surprised that it arrived this morning. :)

Overall I will re-order again! Happy that it came out "great" (subjective) first time around and I can actually see myself using this shirt a lot down the road; interviews etc.

Thanks for all the help and especially Steve Smith for giving me the TB1 body measurements at the last minute!! +1

Photos:

Cold washed, hung dry, 20min. light tumble dryer

After new belt comes in I will revisit my "Target thread" with proper full suit outfit and go from there.

MC threads and this side of the forum in general has been very helpful. SO thanks to all!! :slayer::slayer:

my guess is that they would be very similar to the wings and horns oxfords as they are made by the same company. you may be able to find more infor about those online that the reigning champ. my experience with wings and horns is that the construction is nice, materials are on par with other higher end menswear brands, they fit slim through the body. my only issue with this companies brands is the buttons always fall off easily.