Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

Those are the ESF sport shirts. You need the ESF Dress Shirts (neck/sleeve sized vs S/M/L/XL). The fit is much more wearable.

I'm pretty sure i bought the dress shirt because it has the neck/sleeve size instead of xs/s/m/l. I put xs in my post because I thought they were all sized like that =/

Custom Shirt Reviews

http://www.magnificentbastard.com/features/custom-shirt-reviews/

Also,

* Deo Veritas is offering 20% off any order of two or more shirts with code 2FOR20. They made our favorite shirt and it showed up in just 12 days. Be sure to pay the extra $9 for the sewn collar option.

* Alexander West just added 54 new shirts to their collection. AW had the best overall shopping experience and made a shirt worthy of being featured.

* After giving owner Fan Bi some grief for a couple of poly blends, Blank Label has stepped up its game and added 40 new, 100% cotton fabrics and kept the price at $45. This is almost without doubt the cheapest way to try out custom shirting.

Link/ name ?

seriously???

just go back a couple pages to vampyr's post...

ok, thread is headed in a dangerous direction of misinformation, so i will try to offer some additional input

anyway, here is a snap i took of my "traditional color" oxfords

blue, white, university stripe

(the fruity color oxfords are for another time)

p1050304t.jpg

p1050305g.jpg

ocbd.jpg

uniqlo : for a lot of you guys, this is a "nice fit". somewhat shorter tails than your traditional oxford. i personally hate the short collar (looks childish to me) and the flimsy cotton

thom browne: very nice cloth. nice details and everything but the fit is only good if you are very skinny, because it curves in wayyy too much at the waist. wear these untucked or tucked

band of outsiders: we all know about these. basically cut like a little boy's shirt: short collar, short tail, slim. i hate these. good if you are like 125 lbs and under 5'7" or something

gitman vintage similar style/cut to BoO. fuck these guys. regular gitman (not the slim ones) is whatever

supreme: the short collars look silly to me. wierd fit, these are for untucking

naked and famous these have a slightly higher collar. very thick. maybe too thick. if you like wear your shirts as stiff and heavy as your jeans, well here you go.

land's end/LE canvas: does this look like styleforum to you? this shit is run by sears or whatever. buy if you are a peasant. perhaps the older made in usa ones are 'better', but i have no experience with those.

j. crew short tails, short tails, shitty cloth. i can't say it enough, but FUCK j. crew

rl custom fit: the slim fit on these is flattering, but still classic. don't like the collar roll on these. the collars on unlined older BB OCBDs are far superior i think. i feel that were are almost a good length for wearing untucked, but are a little on the longer side

vintage bb, unlined collar: you can't fuck with the unlined collar. strictly for the trad-est of trad-bros. "traditional fit, aka baggy" i wear these for my true 60s take-ivy stee. long tails for tucking in, for the most part.

brooks brothers extra slim: very slim after a couple of washes/hot dryer action. good if you are very skinny yet still want a little bit of breather room. not as slim as BoO and those other guys. it looks like the care tags on the botton shirt tails are on ALL newer BB shirts (black fleece and vintage bb shirts do not have these). looks best tucked in.

black fleece: excellent quality, thick, soft supima cotton, and nice mother of pearl buttons. these are usually short and can be worn untucked

mark mcnairy: almost perfect (in my opinion). another one for dudes who are into old vintage brooks brothers shirts("very traditional"). it is essentially a slimmed down version of a traditional BB shirt if that makes any sense. long tails for tucking in. thick and comfy cotton. only complaints are not using MOP buttons. i looked up the RN number on these and it turns out that these are made by the same people who make Brooks Brothers shirts. figures, coming from mark who i've read is obsessed with vintage bb OCBDs

there are too many details and intricacies to mention and discuss regarding OCBDs. probably best reserved for a blog post or something (maybe i should finally start one)

Link/ name ?
seriously???

just go back a couple pages to vampyr's post...

yeah looking at my post again, i should probably post a refined, comprehensive guide later

AA oxfords are really shitty. please stay away

horrible "fit", shitty quality cloth, all at an unjustified silly price

could anyone suggest a nice thick oxford? i saw earlier someone suggest a naked and famous for thickness, but their shirts dont come in standard dress shirt sizes, which I find to be much more fitting than the standard sport shirt sizing.

currently, a lacoste oxford is the heaviest which I own, however, I hate the goofy little alligator on it.

Id like something somewhere between a traditional fit and a slim fit. no shirts made to fit children, im a bigger guy.

edit: for comparison, a standard bros shirt is noticeably but not drastically thinner than the lacoste.

• 3 weeks later...