Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

• 1 month later...

Are they thick?

I'd say same or a bit more thicker than supreme's f/w oxfords, but much more better. Sleeves are a bit short though so I'd size up a neck size

If anyone here is in NYC, the store is on 400 madison, a block away from the Bear Stearns building. Best customer service I've had from a retail worker.

Edited by Thatboyo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, thought i'd bagged a bargain off Marrkt.com. Gitman Vintage Oxford for £40! Anyway, it arrives and has this stitched into the arm...

IMG_7152.JPG

WTF? Never seen one like this before. No offense to my US brethren, but think I'm gonna go at it with a seam ripper. Reckon that'd work??

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got in my IronOxford from Proof and earlier in the week I got my merino button-down from Wool&Prince on Kickstarter.

I really like both of them so far. 

The Wool&Prince shirt is a lot more fitted than I thought it was going to be, which was a nice surprise. I sized down thinking it'd fit more like classic dress shirts, but I really like the fit of it. It's a tad bit short, so I'll probably wear it more casually than I will as a dress shirt, but that was my intention all along so I'm not really complaining. It's super light weight, closer to some of my Icebreaker workout shirts (as opposed to slightly thicker casual merino tees and polos I have), so we'll see how it works for four season wear as the winter rolls in. Definitely glad I backed them and glad I have a new merino option for ultralight traveling as opposed to wearing t-shirts and one polo.

The Proof shirt I just got an hour or so ago, so I've only tried it on, but I like it as well. I was worried the fabric would be a bit too rough for a shirt being Nyco (70cotton/30nylon), but it's far from it -- really, really soft. I went with the large because their sizing was more slim and it fits great. Fantastic value with the discount they offered. Sleeves aren't too short, which is always a bonus. 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

still looking for a decent fitting oxford in a nice, fine cotton with a decent sized placket, collar, etc.

gitman vintage seems to go close but they're sizing is goddamn all over the place and i find myself falling between small and medium more often than not.

also like BoO, particularly the details (colour-matched buttons, etc.), but they're just too damn short. they look boyish.

nice colour range and consistency is a bonus. prefer to stick under the $200 MSRP (otherwise Thom Browne might have done the job..)

TIA. 

still looking for a decent fitting oxford in a nice, fine cotton with a decent sized placket, collar, etc.

gitman vintage seems to go close but they're sizing is goddamn all over the place and i find myself falling between small and medium more often than not.

Gitman Vintage are my favourite, but I agree - you need to try them on shirt-by-shirt as the sizing is odd. You could also try their new made to measure service if you're between sizes?

I really enjoyed these articles, and they prompted me to buy a Rogue Territory one. Lovely shirt, but a little too tight now. I thinking of trying a Brooks Brothers one next. 

http://theamericanclassic.org/2012/11/20/the-battle-royale-of-the-american-made-shirt-vol-1-taylor-stitch-rogue-territory/

http://theamericanclassic.org/2012/12/18/the-battle-royale-of-the-american-made-shirt-vol-2-lumina-clothing-co-brooks-brothers/

http://theamericanclassic.org/2013/02/19/the-battle-royale-of-the-american-made-shirt-vol-3-finale/

And also, you really can't go wrong with the UniQlo oxford. Cut is a tiny bit shapeless, but the quality is decent for £14.90