Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

i ordered some uniqlo oxfords last year but they're not the traditional oxford fabric for some reason? it's some weird dry mesh bullshit. but i couldn't return them so they're just sitting in my closet. did i order the wrong thing or something?

i ordered some uniqlo oxfords last year but they're not the traditional oxford fabric for some reason? it's some weird dry mesh bullshit. but i couldn't return them so they're just sitting in my closet. did i order the wrong thing or something?

I think you might have, the one I just got is nice and thick, just like the traditional fashion. I do remember them having oxford-like shirts in terms of styling about a year ago alongside their usual ones.

I got the same ones you are talking about, but the new season ones are a massive improvement.

What does everyone think about the RL Rugby oxfords?

page 8

any intel on the rugby ocbd? slimmer than polo custom fit?

I like the Rugby oxfords on paper. The price is good. The cloth is thick. The colors are the right idea. Yet, none of it is right. Oxford shirts aren't supposed to have those proportions. An American shirt is not supposed to have a European fit. The blue is not quite right; neither is the pink. I always buy one when I'm in the store, and I always end up returning it.

american_hearts hit the nail on the head with his description of the rugby oxfords that dibango was talking about . I'm not gonna fuck with Ralphy L's 'affordable skinny prep' , so I have no experience with those . You get what you pay for. I guess you can call it the H&M/Zara of trad-wear? Skinny, trendy fit for young people, but shitty/cheap quality.

personally i really like the rugby uni. oxfords currently. after a wash the collar rolls nicely. sizing, i think it may not meet the standards here. small fits me great without any pulling, still slim. looking for other labels with similar cut.

More on RL Rugby OCBD:

University oxfords are good and come in some nice colors. I have seen the white, green, and blue. Green is a little too bright for me personally. Would love to try the purple/lavender.

Tail is short enough imo to wear untuck (I stand at 5'10). After many washes, the fit is pretty good, size small. I wish the collar was a bit more beefier/longer points and collar to sit higher up like some TB oxfords.

I did notice a little that the sleeve length may have shortened due to washes over time, but in general, I consider these shirts for casual wear and not to be mixed in use with more MC attire.

casual shirt, not something i would wear tucked

• 3 weeks later...

bought some carhartt oxford shirt awhile back. I do like the fit, its like a relaxed fitted shit which can be worn very casually. Probably a little too thick to wear in summer though. I usually fold the sleeves since they are a little long but they aren't that form fitting.

Probably not worth full retail though but at sale would definitely bite.

Black Fleece's Oxfords are a good, cheaper alternative to Thom Browne - you still get your little bits of ribbon, but in different spots.

Sizes seem to be one larger than TB (so a TB3 is a BB2).

• 2 weeks later...