Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

i agree 100% with vamp

i picked up a pink vintage ll bean university stripe oxford this weekend at a thrift near my house. made in the usa, button pocket (ala j.press) baggy fit, nice collar roll, 5$ well spent

also found another blue university stripe brooks brothers makers in my size and made in the usa, with the unlined collar for the perfect roll

ya i found a bb university stripe w/ no pocket at a thrift store too, very nice material and fit although its probably slightly too large for me... collar rolls impeccably. unfortunately some dipshit decided to but his monogramed initials in the most awkward place ever so i'll be saving that one to wear under a crewneck.

For people in warmer climates the current BB pinpoint is worth a look at. The fabric is obviously lighter in weight than the oxford (still has some heft to it) which here in arizona can be a bitch to wear. The reduced weight also allows for a better collar roll and the shirt is available in all 4 fits and comes sized by neck/sleeve.

• 2 weeks later...

^ oof. i just wore it to work today with bill's m3 khakis, but i mister roger'ed out of 'em already. next time, i'll snap some photos.

i lucked upon my neck/sleeve size at a thrift store

so i had the chance to try it on

seemed spot on tagged size, so...

i plan on grabbing more at full retail (less the 25% first time discount)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a creep by hiroshi awai and a sophnet oxford.

Creep was ok. Soph was kinda pricey but the material and fit is pretty much spot on. Sized up 1 for a more regular fit. Cloth was smooth and thick with shell buttons.

Thinking of mixing it up and seeing if I can grab a WWM upland bd oxford on sale. Anyone here have any feedback?

the weight on these is AWESOME. quite substantial, but soft. as with all wwm pieces the attention to detail and needlework is spot-on. my only complaint is that fucking extreme hem/gusset that is on virtually all wwm/eg shirts. because of my height, i simply can't wear these without looking silly. with that said, if your height permits you to wear these, then they are totally worth the price.

my only complaint is that fucking extreme hem/gusset that is on virtually all wwm/eg shirts. because of my height, i simply can't wear these without looking silly.
Same issue wth EG shirts ( I guess due to Daiki Suzuki designing both lines?) If you above 6 foot need to size up b/c the high gussets tend to show skin.

how are the fit for gitman bros.? is it slim b/c im not a slim person myself, carrying a little extra baggage. i need some suggestions on untucked ocbd. i fit in medium j crew and banana republic pretty well and i dont want to buy slim clothing. thanks!

i saw that ol and mercer and sons are pretty popular in this thread. bb is carrying a sale buy one get second 25% off but i want to know some other companies.

^not really, they all fit very different. Safest guess would be uniqlo or Brooks bros esf.

Just read through this thread, it's not that long.

Uniqlo definitely. They are the best I have found so far, but they don't do online orders anymore and it is a pain to travel to NYC to shop for shirts. I was hoping to find another brand that might be online.