Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

I'm not 100% on this, but I remember people saying uniqlo's shirts fit very similar to BoO, with shorter sleeves? If anyone can confirm, I'd say go try on a BoO, and then go from there. They're already pretty damned short in the torso though. Geller oxfords are a different fit; longer so they can be tucked in, and more flattering to a larger variety of body types. Our Legacy has some good ones as well, or stick with simple APC even...

I mention all these because if you're in Toronto you should just hit J+O this weekend and see if they've got anything for cheap you like. Don't be so fucking lazy, man.

uniqlo's ocbd also seem to run a little long. i may just be saying that b/c i'm short though.

:D

you can find some nice vintage ones on ebay though every once in awhile.

i'm not super tall and i definitely dont find this to be the case.

my problem with the uniqlo oxfords is the arms are very wide and short, while the body is very fitted. makes for a terrible silhouette.

Your question really seems to be "what is the best oxford available in Toronto." If you haven't been able to find anything you like in H&M or the like, then you're stuck going up in price range and checking out APC, BoO, or Gitman, all of which are pretty available in TO. Lately, I've been into the Our Legacy shirts at J&O, so if you are resigned to spending the money take a look at those as well.

I own 5 BoO shirts. They are the best shirts for TUCKING OUT. The cut is excellent but the overall quality isn't all that great. The stitching for the buttons are weak as hell and I basically re-did all the buttons myself.

Uniqlo shirts sized down fit pretty well. They are good for the business casual look because they are way too long and meant to be worn tucked IN.

No idea on gitman brothers. Never handled it. The styles look pretty shitty and non steezy...

Thom Brown shirts are great but they are meant to be worn tucked IN.

lay a naked and famous shirt over top of a BoO shirt. Fabric is better thicker and stiffer than BoO though so they need some softening up.

EDIT: what i meant is that (according to sydney, a shopowner in toronto) naked and famous have the same measurements as BoO. the fabric is stiffer so they seem to fit a little differently but that will go away with a wear and wash.

• 2 months later...
Uniqlo shirts sized down fit pretty well. They are good for the business casual look because they are way too long and meant to be worn tucked IN.

uniqlo's current oxfords are slimmer. the sleeves aren't wide. the body is slender. they're not long and great untucked. my RL oxfords are way longer. in fact I measured my size S uniqlo and the #'s are basically identical to the ToJ size S.

personally i don't like the shortness of BoO.

the uniqlo is only 19.50. it's a steal and a nice casual beater.

• 1 month later...
so when it comes down to it, what's the best bang for buck oxford that'll be left untucked?

You really can't beat the price of Uniqlo... basically $20-$30. At the same time, you must realize you're not paying for quality.

I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say Uniqlo oxfords must be tucked in because they're too long. I bought 4 different shirts last week and every one of them looks great untucked. I'm not super tall, only 6 ft. And as far as the fit in the chest/body area, it was not baggy at all on me... definitely a great casual fit.

If you wanna step up quality a little more, I've had some great casual oxfords from Gap and J Crew in the past.

Your question really seems to be "what is the best oxford available in Toronto." If you haven't been able to find anything you like in H&M or the like, then you're stuck going up in price range and checking out APC, BoO, or Gitman, all of which are pretty available in TO. Lately, I've been into the Our Legacy shirts at J&O, so if you are resigned to spending the money take a look at those as well.

OUR LEGACY.