Superdenim Tokyo Ultimate Google Map

Baeyer-Drewson

Hello fellow Superfuturians,

In anticipation of my next trip to Japan (Feb 2010), I have created a map of denim stores I want to visit so that I can streamline the whole shopping experience.

I thought I'd share this with everyone here, but I'd also like to keep the map current. I have tried to add additional details from vendor sites wherever possible (eg, website address, opening hours, telephone number, etc..)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or denim stores you would like me to add.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100724598178792374894.000477e8c7f3fc2834012&ll=35.666606,139.705893&spn=0.006441,0.013937&z=17&iwloc=000477fa3129f849dce9c

Tokyo denim maps (the essentials, not comprehensive) as printable doc file here.

+ rep too.

I used the sufu tokyo guide and indigofan maps when i visited tokyo the last time around. they were both awesome - i highly recommend the sufu guide if u don't know yr way around. the maps provided in the guide were incredibly accurate.

i can think of some shops to be added:

- denime

- dry bones

- 45rpm

- fullcount

- buzz rickson / real mccoys / joe mccoys

- UES

and perhaps kapital, kato.. does anyone know if there's a momotaro shop in tokyo? wld be interested in that.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@oshen; I am in the process of adding Several of the shops you mentioned (specifically, denime, dry bones, 45 rpm). I will look up the others, thanks!

@wahwho11; SDA is from Osaka, so that is where their flagship store is. I'm not sure if they have an entirely SDA store in Tokyo. I know Americaya stocks some SDA stuff (or whatever store is above Hinoya last time I was there).

Gives me an idea though... I might add brands stocked at each location to make the map more useful.

Updates underway tonight. Keep em coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey which store in tokyo carries samurai and would possibly have their special soap for washing your jeans with???

my uncle is currently in tokyo and asked if I wanted any souvenirs. Asking for some jeans would be just mean for him to buy. I'm looking for something cheap and denim related that would make a good souvenir. I can't find if anything is on sale so all i can think is about the soap...

Any suggestions?

edit. How about Lightning, and Free and Easy Magazines? where are they available?

hey which store in tokyo carries samurai and would possibly have their special soap for washing your jeans with???

my uncle is currently in tokyo and asked if I wanted any souvenirs. Asking for some jeans would be just mean for him to buy. I'm looking for something cheap and denim related that would make a good souvenir. I can't find if anything is on sale so all i can think is about the soap...

Any suggestions?

edit. How about Lightning, and Free and Easy Magazines? where are they available?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
does anyone know if the somet store in aoyama is still there?

I heard elsewhere - though from multiple people it closed. There was a place sort of across the street from LaForet in Shibuya that carried them though, cant remember the name.

• 10 months later...

I didn't see any at Bears last time i was there, don't think i saw any at Hinoya or Americaya either. However there are many nice leather shops where you can get high quality wallets. I'd ask demonito or coleslawyum i'm sure they'd know. I picked up a octopus leather wallet while i was in Ueno at a random leather shop i stumbled upon.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

There was a Kyoto map, I remember posting some extra info / updates a while back.. But I have no idea where it disappeared off to.

This one is by no means complete but I had it bookmarked so might as well share:

http://indigofan.com/2007/06/kyoto-denim-map/

If you have more questions about Kyoto just hit me up, I know most of the places :) .

I see he also has an Osaka one up:

http://indigofan.com/2007/06/osaka-denim-maps/

^I figure I'll do most of my "misc." shopping in kyoto and denim heavy buys in osaka (warehouse has my name written all over it)...aside from Loftman and Porky's, beams, etc. any other recs for Kyoto? Thinking of 45rpm but mostly just visiting friends and my old haunts...damn it's been a while!

Edited by aho

i'll be visiting jpn in late feb, shall take this chance to contribute a little.

I have always hear about Umeda, amerikamura etc.. but i discovered that in osaka near yotsubashi station, there are a couple of staple stores to visit, these are the shops that are really close to each other. (walkable)

Then again, it will be my first time going to osaka, these are all that i have extracted from the google maps. i hope it will be helpful to some.

clip_image002.jpg

Moving along the stretch of road from A to B should be able to discover a few of the stores listed above. They are all within the area to be precise. Good Luck!

Edited by Gnob