California Mexican Food Appreciation

LandoCal126

• 4 weeks later...

Is there somewhere that santanas is still santanas because they're all FreshMXN or whatever around here.Tastes exactly the same to me and the 2+2 burrito is an awesome deal (i get the two and then usually throw an extra ingredient on there for like 60 cents and it's basically the veggie burrito i used to get except half the price and it's got eggs).

Is there somewhere that santanas is still santanas because they're all FreshMXN or whatever around here.Tastes exactly the same to me and the 2+2 burrito is an awesome deal (i get the two and then usually throw an extra ingredient on there for like 60 cents and it's basically the veggie burrito i used to get except half the price and it's got eggs).

i can attest. kind of strange rebranding move if you ask me but the food stays the same, and as long as a la paz burrito is still a la paz burrito i'll be a happy man. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

NY will always give its most heroic efforts, but at no location beyond the far western coast of our great country could you find anything able to take half a step to the unparalleled, the pinnacle, the breakfast burrito from lucky boy in pasadena:

lucky-1.jpg

with pastrami, bacon, sausage or all of the above. unfuckwitable.

plenty of breakfast tacos in austin that could fuck with it

still looks real nice.

operative word here. based on complexity, a burrito and a taco are in entirely different leagues. takes a lot more strategy to construct a good burrito than it does a mere taco, hence my deeper respect for any kitchen that can yield a 'rito as well put together as lucky boy's.

which begs the all important question for any fan of mexican-american cuisine, which style of breakfast burrito do you prefer? one that is

A. well partitioned, with singular ingredients clearly separate from one another as part of an inner mosaic or

B. has a more "mushy" and mixed together structure, with all of its components melded together into one cohesive blend

personally, i love a good mouthful of avocado, egg, hash browns or cheese every once in awhile. my vote easily goes to A.

Best burrito joints in the Bay Area?

So far the most outstanding ones I've had were La Bamba and La Costena, both in Mountain View.

El Farolito, the one on Mission @ 24th.

The Al Pastor Super Burrito is the best burrito i've ever had.