LandoCal126

California Mexican Food Appreciation

Thanx to Lando and peterock for taking us to "cancun" in the mission, after the sufu party. no pics, but the carne asada was amazing, to much lava sauce though!

FIDEL'S in Solana Beach. Grilled Shrimp Burrito.

My grandmother lives right by this place so I've been going here since I was like three years old. It's kind of a weird place, though. The people who work there are nice although some of the ones who we knew don't seem to be around anymore but service is still good. It's kind of expensive. I don't know - I wouldn't go there without my grandmother.

Macking a Gordo's Super Boiled Chicken Burrito & Pineapple Jarritos on my way back into The City...

IMG_0825.jpg

If you are in Socal and in the shit hole between palm springs and riverside, do check out Chelos in Beaumont. It's simply amazing.

Considering Lando is posting about Mexican food in NYC..

Here's a Hot Dog Taco i had in Japan last year out of a taco truck:

IMG_1181.jpg

Holy shit Kiya this is the worst thing...ever...but how did it taste?

Guest fryafish

oh have i finally found a niche to post some goodies i've come across during my time in school here in socal.

al pastor chimichanga aka deep-fried burrito packed with meat. got it in the palm springs area.

4600868516_1d06be71a9.jpg

this here is a carne asada taco plate from el toro tortilleria & taqueria in costa mesa. good stuff for $5--and the frijoles were ace.

4600868560_d897f09c10.jpg

Holy shit Kiya this is the worst thing...ever...but how did it taste?

It was seriously weird but tasted great in a strange "i'm eating a hot dog with kimchi wrapped in a tortilla" type of way.

By the way, how the fuck does Lando stay so skinny eating so many burritos? I swear i'd be twice as fat as i am now if i ate that much taqueria food.

By the way, how the fuck does Lando stay so skinny eating so many burritos? I swear i'd be twice as fat as i am now if i ate that much taqueria food.

It's gotta be the ICE! And Kiya, how are you fat when you wear a 38 jacket?!?!

I'm a 40 in Japanese sizing. :(

I'm a 40 in Japanese sizing. :(

Overdyed jacket is IH and yours is a 38 correct? 40.... Please, that's nothing! And the secret is staying away from Sour Cream. That shit is troublesome in more ways than one...

I use sour cream in my flax seed cereal in the morning instead of milk.

I eat my sour cream with a side of carnitas.

Guest fryafish

don't know about the best, as it's a term that's subjective to each individual--but the infamous albatros has got them.

what is the best carne asada fries in socal?

san diego.

i still think my favorite might be trujillos because that was the first place i tried em.

Guest fryafish

sd is always the place to go for the good mexican eats.

The areas between San Diego and Los Angeles county are the best. Riverside, Temecula, Ontario, etc...

I've noticed soemthing odd though. The Albertos joints in SD are much better than the Albertos everywhere else.

Guest fryafish

well, like i say the mexican food gets more legit the further south you travel to the border. coming from the bay i definitely find this true, and prices drop as well.

The areas between San Diego and Los Angeles county are the best. Riverside, Temecula, Ontario, etc...

I've noticed soemthing odd though. The Albertos joints in SD are much better than the Albertos everywhere else.

yessir i live in riverside and we have some good spots, my stop is always santanas on indiana not the one on university cuz we almost got murdered there haha

temecula has the spots too

I love santana's "eat healthy" thing on their website. Yeah, really.

I'm back in SD at the end of the month I say we finally get a SUFUSANDIEGO meetup at some mexican joint.

I love santana's "eat healthy" thing on their website. Yeah, really.

I'm back in SD at the end of the month I say we finally get a SUFUSANDIEGO meetup at some mexican joint.

down. (10)

Going down to SD for SunGod and probably gonna grub at one of the spots (california burrito or carne asada fries). I see Cotixan and Lolita's were discussed, can anybody chime in on which is better?

if you go to cotixan get a burrito

Cancun Super Burrito Saturday night after a long day with a lot of drinking...

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg