Evisu is still loved!

benzak

• 2 weeks later...
Going to buy some evisus tomorrow, general hints of what to look for?

Well,if u r after the eye cather style.Try the euro daicock,which is pretty well.If you are after the classic style,that will be many styles that can be chosen from.

Sorry i forgot 2 use the quote funtion.:D

seems like there are a lot of misconceptions about evisu here so i guess i am gonna break them all...

No0,no1,no2,no3 , refer top the denim quality, no0 the best and no3 the worst in that order(being the no3 non-selvedge denim)

lot 2001 is the baggy fit, based on the 55 levi fit repro, 2000 is a slim fit model but i dunno in which repro they are based. 2004 is 2001 with a cinch back.

lot 0001 is the regular european fit and 0331 is the european slim fit.

a easy way to tell apart european evisu from japanese evisu, is that the japanese evisus always have a red tag on the right backpocket like levi's has.

seems like there are a lot of misconceptions about evisu here so i guess i am gonna break them all...

No0,no1,no2,no3 , refer top the denim quality, no0 the best and no3 the worst in that order(being the no3 non-selvedge denim)

lot 2001 is the baggy fit, based on the 55 levi fit repro, 2000 is a slim fit model but i dunno in which repro they are based. 2004 is 2001 with a cinch back.

lot 0001 is the regular european fit and 0331 is the european slim fit.

a easy way to tell apart european evisu from japanese evisu, is that the japanese evisus always have a red tag on the right backpocket like levi's has.

egpt, where were you for the polls? evisu got zero votes.

youre the resident evisu head.

bought last year from the evisu online store a jean for around 260 GBP shipped.

it was a so called vintage version.

I was so dissapointed about the cut and the quality, that from this time I do not care about evisu, although some of my friends wear some and they look nice.

but my experience was another one, like so many people.

another point is, that so much cheap fakes around.

[ahah, guess i missed the pool :).

but honestly, people give evisu a hard time cuz they really judge evisu by the current european versions sold on the evisu online store.

evisu japanese denim is way better looking than samurais, sugar cane, studio d'artisan etc. but since everyone on this forum seems to be into skinny jeans, i'm sure the trend will catch on when someone decides to buy a pair of japanese lot 2000 and post it on the forum. just look at the pair of evisu's that DEUS posted on the evolution of jeans thread... simply insane.

i understand people not liking the gull designs, but you can get no-gull versions at a japanese evisu store quite easily.

and evisu.com is a rape corporation, shitty jeans and way more expensive than japanese versions with muuuuuuuch better quality.

so, cultizm, ask 2000db to get you some japanese evisus so you can judge it for yourself. i am about to order another pair out of him

Hi fellas,

Take a look at this pair of EvisuLot 2001 No.2 ( W33/L35 ) that I am thinking of selling.

This is brand new with tag, made in Japan. Interested party please PM me.

Thought of selling, as I have just scored a pair of Sammies S0500XX.

Item still available.........asking for 185 US Dollars

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking to order a pair of 2001 Evisus through 2000db and im wondering whether or not i should order a 34 or 32. I bought a Lot 0001, size 34 Daicock and it was an inch or too too big. I wont be washing either pair. I hope someone can give me some advice on the sizing. Thanks in advance

get whatever size is smaller than your normal size because the ones you got are cut baggy / straight .. They will stretch to fit you if you size down ..

this would only apply to no.2 they are sanforized ..

• 2 weeks later...

I think, the US release arn't selvage. Recently, I saw the ones that are US release (Made in Hong Kong) at Barneys and other places. Weren't selvage and denim wasn't stiff. I saw a No.1 Special, but it was like baggier than 2001. Didn't even feel that great, it was $150 though.

Yeh i've got a pair of no.1s...they were baggy like hell. It was my first experience with raw selvedged denim...

I've gotten them tailored though to a straighter fit

You probably saw the 0101 cut which is what i got http://www.theredlemonstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EM95&Category_Code=EM

And paying $300+ if they're non-selvedge...it should be fine really, if its a good cut and it looks alright...

I think, the US release arn't selvage. Recently, I saw the ones that are US release (Made in Hong Kong) at Barneys and other places. Weren't selvage and denim wasn't stiff. I saw a No.1 Special, but it was like baggier than 2001. Didn't even feel that great, it was $150 though.

i saw those same jeans at barneys!!! the No.1 Special, i think they were selvedge

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with egyt (sorry if i mis-spelt it) Evisu japan is different to the european stuff and I have owned several pairs over the years from the late nineties up to a few years ago. You could get them with no gulls, one gull, two gulls, different colours on each pocket.... whatever you wanted because the shop staff would paint them for you as you bought them. All jeans were blank in the shop.

They were my introduction to japanese denim, and the quality was great.

Now alas it's all gone a bit wrong......

I have to agree with egyt (sorry if i mis-spelt it) Evisu japan is different to the european stuff and I have owned several pairs over the years from the late nineties up to a few years ago. You could get them with no gulls, one gull, two gulls, different colours on each pocket.... whatever you wanted because the shop staff would paint them for you as you bought them. All jeans were blank in the shop.

They were my introduction to japanese denim, and the quality was great.

Now alas it's all gone a bit wrong......

they are still blank. and you can still get whatever gulls you want.