Evisu is still loved!

benzak

7 hours ago, indigoslaves said:

@dant87 oh no, cant wait to see them in a year, what a nice pair dant!! could you share a fit picture of em?

He’s had those for 7 years, and they haven’t been soaked yet, and he’s low key offering them up for purchase. I don’t think he’s going to wear them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, I’m saving up for a pair of Evisu. Looking for a slim-tapered, low-rise cut, Japanese made. Is the 2000T the correct model to consider?

What’s the difference between their No. 1 denim, No. 1 Special, Tiger Selvedge and Tiger Preshrunk? Are they noticeably different in terms of how they look and fade, texture and weight? How much do I expect the waist to stretch? I read that they run a bit small in the waist.

Are any of these denim types considered “budget” options that are best avoided?

My only assumption is that Tiger Preshrunk is unsanforized like Tiger Selvedge, but once-washed to remove shrink before sewing, therefore no leg twist or shrink expected with washing.

Apart from Rakuten, Grailed and Yahoo auctions, are there other good secondary markets to look at? From Australia, so Poshmark don’t work for me.

TIA.

Edited by cause4pause

I'm not really great with mij evisu, I got my 2000t indigo special from crash and these are fresh out of the wash, tagged 33, I am normally a 31 tbh, nice to have some room 

Also denimio sell evisu 

IMG_20200428_175407.jpg

Edited by chambo2008

On 4/30/2020 at 10:49 PM, lee porter said:

The tiger per shrunk dose still Shrink but not as much 

#2 shrinks too, but stretches right back out. Is “Tiger Preshrunk” a different denim and process? Or is it just rebranded #2 denim? 

I've had them for about five years, I think? I went through a two year run in there of just being off jeans entirely. I wore Buzz Rickson chinos and TCB Seaman Trousers almost exclusively during that stretch. Really started wearing these consistently a little over a year ago.

I’ve just got 3 pairs off buyee all with short inseams I got the no1 red 2000t in a size 40 tiger 2000t in a 38 and a tiger gatata the slubby ones in a 36 and they all fit well I’ll do some pictures when I get a chance 

3 hours ago, lee porter said:

I’ve just got 3 pairs off buyee all with short inseams I got the no1 red 2000t in a size 40 tiger 2000t in a 38 and a tiger gatata the slubby ones in a 36 and they all fit well I’ll do some pictures when I get a chance 

Can you provide measurements on the 2000T in size 38? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I wanna pull on the collective brilliance here. 

I'm looking to round out the osaka 5 collection with some old school Evis 2501s or maybe even some special older 2001s in good condition. 

Where is the best place to prowl for them these days for a US guy? Buyee for Yahoo auctions? Is there a better place to look? 

And for the knowledgeable of the group, do the older versions have the same vanity sizing? Brummie?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen, tried, or currently own both Gatagata and Petero fabrics? I'm trying to decide between the two as they both look really interesting, but there's a significant price difference between them and I'm not sure what makes the Gatagata worth so much more.

I understand there is 15oz and 18oz Petero as well. Is there much of a difference between them except the weight? Thanks.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, BrownMetallic said:

Cut seems similar to 2000T.    From what I can gather, model is 2020, but can’t find info of the denim used. Just wondering if anyone here knows anything ... 

Looks like these...

https://shop.evisu.jp/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000007981&category_code=ct231&sort=order&page=1

55 minutes ago, lee porter said:

The fit on the 2020 is really weird I got the 2020 with the standard pockets 

Why do you say that, I was considering buying a pair?...

Edited by Skeese

Thanx for the reply @Skeese

I gather, from google translate, “No.1 tiger-ear denim with shrink-proof fabric ....”, meant they’re sanforized ?!

@lee porter If they were, indeed, sanforized ... how did u size them?!  Did u get the raw or O/W? When u get a chanc, can u post measurements when, plz ... Thanx!

‘Got the No.1 Special 2000T, w/c I intentionally sized up cuz I planned on wearing them Japanese style ... that is, slightly loose & pulled down, but not in the hip-hop kinda way:biggrin:

Edited by BrownMetallic

I think I’ve put the measurements on here a few pages back not sure if they are sanfonized of not I got the 36 I could have got the 35 and I got the 38 in the same in the 2000t without preshrunk I will dig out my jean and to some measurements and fit picture I’ve just been a bit busy doing my flat up at the moment the 2020 fit was nice around the waist and hip and thighs but was massive around the knee a bit like sinbad trousers I got them tapered at blue solider 

5 minutes ago, lee porter said:

I think I’ve put the measurements on here a few pages back not sure if they are sanfonized of not I got the 36 I could have got the 35 and I got the 38 in the same in the 2000t without preshrunk I will dig out my jean and to some measurements and fit picture I’ve just been a bit busy doing my flat up at the moment the 2020 fit was nice around the waist and hip and thighs but was massive around the knee a bit like sinbad trousers I got them tapered at blue solider 

Can you also provide measurements for your 2000t no.1 ?