Evisu is still loved!

benzak

8 minutes ago, bod said:

The 'gatagata' no.1 denim shrinks to 32.5" inseam, or if you're desperate for 'anything will do' evisu, then the lot 2005 no.2 had a decently long inseam when I last checked.

Cheers, just checked denimio though and they give the pre-shrink inseam of gatagata as 32.7 so maybe that's changed too?

2 hours ago, CrashTestBrummie said:

Cheers, just checked denimio though and they give the pre-shrink inseam of gatagata as 32.7 so maybe that's changed too?

Your best bet is to ask them to measure them for you, that's what I did. This is what they gave me for raw measurements of the raw 36 no.1 2000 (red selvage) which is different from the measurements they have posted on the size charts:

<size36/non wash>

waist flat: 91cm
front rise: 28cm
upper thigh width: 35.5cm
inseam: 85.5cm
hem: 22.5cm

Does MIJ Evisu make a slim straight or slim tapered fit? I tried the 2000 and 2000T at the Evisu store in Tokyo. The 2000 was way too baggy and the 2000T fit weird (baggy in the thigh but really tight on the calves). They did not have any other fits in their store at that time...

18 minutes ago, BionicEye said:

@CrashTestBrummie can you reupload some pics of your lazy s denim, pics arent working anymore

I just checked mate and I don't have them any more, sorry. Even checked Google images and found my old eBay listing from 2014 when I sold them but the pics have gone...

A nice faded pair here though to cheer you up!

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

On 3/3/2017 at 8:10 PM, CrashTestBrummie said:

I'm going with Evisu International although a pic of the full jean would help - think I've seen the belt loop selvage on a couple of models and it seems like a strange detail to fake if they're not genuine.

Thanks man really appreciate your response :) here's some more pics of the full length. Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Got my scope on some other pairs aswell in the next week.

2017-03-05_14_09_17.jpg

2017-03-05_14_09_50.jpg

2017-03-05_14_19_20.jpg

2017-03-05_14_22_47.jpg

Edited by Carl Hallberg

Just nabbed a nice slubby ev form the bay, they'll do until I get my old deluxe repaired(10years on!), nice to see CTB still alive and kicking, I've not ventured into the wold of denim for a few years ! !

Will post up a few pics when they arrive.

Happy Sunday !

Just ordered a pair via   buyee fuck it forgot to state that i want handpainted gulls fuck it guess im gonna have a plain pair of no1 2001's assholes from buyee wont bother helping me out too sonnamagun

4 minutes ago, HAZARDkid said:

^I think you should just start fresh and get a brand new mij pair. I know everyone has their own tastes but that's too much and it looks like a cheap knockoff.

yeah i'd like that too but way low on funds now. I'm about to acquire the two pair from the london olympic collection tho so i get something a bit more subtle =)

On 05/03/2017 at 4:46 PM, TEKsevenZERO said:

Just nabbed a nice slubby ev form the bay, they'll do until I get my old deluxe repaired(10years on!), nice to see CTB still alive and kicking, I've not ventured into the wold of denim for a few years ! !

Will post up a few pics when they arrive.

Happy Sunday !

Long time! What did you pick up? Your Deluxe must be looking quality by now...

6 hours ago, Carl Hallberg said:

I'm really beginning to like my mortadella pants more and more every day, haha imagine if someone back in like '05  said to me that in about ten years I would wear the massive winged evisu, 

IMG_20170308_163656_879.jpg

Ha, those were my thoughts when I picked up those Evis carpenter pants last year. Thankfully the gulls don't have the same kinda negative connotations as a few years ago.

I could decide in the end if I'd love a pair of 2001s as much as the thought of wearing them again, so ended up getting a second hand pair from Rakuten as at least I know what the inseam is gonna be. £78 including shipping so hardly breaking the bank. 

@CTB - I got these for about £50 - they'll do for a few years ! 

My deluxe are lovely, but have a crotch blowout, so haven't worn them for a couple of years, need to get them repaired and start beating them again.

Here's a pic of what are arriving shortly:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9ca2c7afab8ec1fe61f8f49fca8830e3.jpg

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.0a41d35c4b879bde9bf8609ef96fbd40.jpg

I did think of getting the seam ripper out and picking off the the 'gulls' but in time they'll wear and with the fading will look nice, give them about 3 years of yard labour and bingo !

BTW, do you know if Evisu still do the hand painting gulls anymore mine are pretty much gone on the deluxe?