Evisu is still loved!

benzak

ohh hows the shrinkage the people at the umeda store says that shrinkage is minimum of 8cm maximum of 10cm on the  waist and around 10 cm on the inseam.. so fuck it ill be needing a size 40?!?!?! god damn you

Don't evisu quote shrinkage including going through a dryer?  

A quick measurement while they're wet, inseam is 32 and a teensie bit inches

I guess there is a lot of shrinkage left then, right?

Or is the gat agate denim sanforized? Or just a cold soak?

I guess there is a lot of shrinkage left then, right?

Or is the gat agate denim sanforized? Or just a cold soak?

Unsanforized.  Gave them a 70c hot soak with a lot of agitation (works for me). I don't think these will radically shrink much further. (See Gnomes measurements a few pages back too).

Unsanforized.  Gave them a 70c hot soak with a lot of agitation (works for me). I don't think these will radically shrink much further. (See Gnomes measurements a few pages back too).

Fuck me.... This means I can actually wear evisus!!!!!! Muahahahahaahaaaa, when the denime's are through, evisu is the next in line, muahahahahaa.

In less than a year I will make Evis babes!

For future reference, who can I go through as a proxy for these?

Probably sutocorp, that's who I plan on using most likely.

Just gotta decide which denim and cut I want...might hop on these in a few weeks time.

I picked up what I take to be an older pair of No.2 2001s a few months ago, and am just now getting them out:

P8240158.jpg

These went through a cold wash and short run in the dryer, and the fabric shrunk a good amount more than I would expect, given that it's sanforized. As you can see above, it also became ridiculously wrinkly, which is awesome.

P8240161.jpg

Super soft and shiny patch, marked 30x35. The waist measures 29 and the inseam sits right around 32.5 after washing.

P8240160.jpg

The red tab is a bit recessed, but still there. Also, great warm contrast stitching, reminds me a lot of the colors that Fullcount uses on their main line.

P8240162.jpg

Supposedly made in Japan. I am confused about the exact production date of these, though, and hope somebody who knows more about Evisu may be able to help me out.

P8240164.jpg

Red and white selvedge--white is used inside the coin pocket. This is perhaps the precursor to the current No.3 (D85) that is used in certain international releases, but not too sure.

P8240167.jpg

And a final shot of the fabric. It's much hairier than any sanforized denim I have seen before, which struck me as a bit odd in conjunction with the fact that the fabric also shrunk so much in the wash.

Anyway, they are a bit big for me in the thighs right now but I'm hoping to be able to start wearing them after DWC (maybe before if I get impatient). Any Evisu experts in the house who could shed some light on this specific model---you will be much appreciated! Thanks for looking everyone!

I shot Denimio an email and they said they can't order any jeans without the gulls, so I guess it's proxy or nothing for me!

Damn, I feel yeah on gulls. Don't see any respectable people wearing gulled evisu and seems to be associated with wanna be rappers and the like.

I've used Tenso for proxy - thanks Ben - three times now, been quite satisfied. 

They won't mark down though, or didn't in my case, so it's a case of some you win some you lose in the customs lottery.

In any event, no need to Suto - for those who didn't get the e-mail in January, Denimio serve as proxy agent anyway.

Just ask Mahoto or Kanako.

Denimio stopped the proxy service just recently.

I wrote them about it several weeks ago

Kids wait for me to go to osaka. And ill scour thru the archieves. Ok? Ill proxy for you kids no fee make sure you send money to me in advance if you want a regular model.