Evisu is still loved!

benzak

http://notanotherjeansblog.blogspot.com.au/

Just set this up last night, still playing around with it... have quite a few pic's in photobucket and thought id put them up together. I now realise how shitty my photos are, need to be more artistic lol. If anyone has any ideas (would love a good background, was thinking something to do with Japan) or any technical info on the jeans would appreciate any input. Been meaning to do something like this for awhile, just never got around to it. Theres some sick blogs out there.

Also +1 on the natural specials

Hi. This is my first post here.

I'm currently eyeing the Evisu Straight jeans. - http://www.asos.com/Evisu/Evisu-Straight-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2136234

It's description says Cooks Wash Straight Jeans. An upclose picture indicates a lot.2008 model. It's very pricey in my local Evisu store so I'm planning to get one from ASOS. However, I notice there is no No. 1/2/3/4 etc on the leather patch at the back of the jeans. In addition, there isn't any selvage (something present on all Evisu genes) stated in its description either. Can anyone advise if these lot. 2008 straight leg jeans are genuine?

Also, I'm torn between the Cooks Wash straight jeans and the lot. 2008 Godhead Fishman Deck Wash jeans. The picture on the Evisu online shop (http://international.evisu.com/collections/mens-jeans/products/lot-2008-godhead-fishman-straight-leg-deck-wash-jeans) kinda differs from the one they displayed on their facebook page: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/150986_10150841682156974_72958496973_11918080_1246399028_n.jpg.

Is the picture on the online store an accurate representation of the jeans. The one on their facebook seems to have a different lighting etc.

Thanks everyone for your help. this is my first pair of Evisu jeans so I'm unaware of many things related to Evisu.

Edited by aslam89

LOL. They all look legit to me. One just doesn't have selvage, which they do sell. I imagine the pic for the 2nd pair on the official store is a better indicator of how the jean's look.

Good luck your purchase.

Edited by heflys

thanks for your prompt response and advice.

So the one on ASOS should have selvage right? Based on reading here (http://evisu-guides.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-spot-fake-evisu-jeans.html).... The only real Evisu known to man without the selvedge on the inside is the different kind of cheap made Evisu Eu-Ed (European Edition). There are the types of Evisu which do not have sevledge on the inside (They retail for about $200/£130)

Are these the ones on ASOS?

I dont think the cooks are selvage. I recommend a pair of raw denim not washed, and just break them in yourself. I can understand you wanting a worn in pair but you will get that from a pair of raws, it just takes a bit of time and eventually you will have your own unique fading patterns and the jeans will have their own history.

thanks for your prompt response and advice.

So the one on ASOS should have selvage right? Based on reading here (http://evisu-guides....visu-jeans.html).... The only real Evisu known to man without the selvedge on the inside is the different kind of cheap made Evisu Eu-Ed (European Edition). There are the types of Evisu which do not have sevledge on the inside (They retail for about $200/£130)

Are these the ones on ASOS?

You can get Evisu, even Made in Japan Evisu in non selvage denim. So just because its non selvage denim doesnt make it "fake" and going off the pics on that asos site, theres at least 2 pairs of non selvage denim, one of them is the cooks wash pair you were looking at.

Edited by devilva

Ah i see. I did email the ASOS asking if the cooks wash is selvage but they're unable to assist me in my query. Appreciate ur info that it is non selvage.

Anyway I plan to get a pair of raw and washed Evisu. Just more undecided on which pair of washed design.

http://notanotherjea...logspot.com.au/

Just set this up last night, still playing around with it... have quite a few pic's in photobucket and thought id put them up together. I now realise how shitty my photos are, need to be more artistic lol. If anyone has any ideas (would love a good background, was thinking something to do with Japan) or any technical info on the jeans would appreciate any input. Been meaning to do something like this for awhile, just never got around to it. Theres some sick blogs out there.

Also +1 on the natural specials

nice work on the blog, good place to store your pics if nothing else :D

nothing to show on the naturals really, been wearing my 0005s almost exclusively for a year or so...

Fedex just showed up...

I bit the bullet and bought the greencast 2008's. Have to say initially I am disappointed in the cut, for me Evisu and skinny jeans dont seem to belong together. I mean you could always size up to manipulate the the cut or whatever but then the waist is out of whack and the leg. (wanted the smaller inseam). Anyway... the silhouette is also a bit weird.. from above the knee, all the way down its straight but for some reason from the knee it almost looks like a slight flare. I have a pair of PRPS Ramblers that are very similar but they have a minute tapper which takes away the flare look which the 2008 cut doesnt have. Gave a lot of thought about dealing with a return but Ive decided to keep them and bust them out after winter... enough bitching..

evis08.jpg

2008F.jpg

2008B.jpg

edit* Sorry for the bad pics.. raining and cloudy, got no sun. Try get some better pics later.

Edited by devilva

Fit looks good to me. Might need to be hemmed ( or cuffed). They look slimmer than those PRPS' on your blog. I imagine they'll stretch though.

How's the denim itself though? Nice construction/details? I have a pair of the green-cast, but according to the site, the denim is heavier with this version.

Edited by heflys

CTB never thought id see the day when you'd need to get a pair hemmed (tall mofo!)

heflys I briefly owned a pair of the green cast brown box wrangler's and cant tell much difference to them and this new pair as far as the denim goes. The extra details on all these newer models are nice with another inner tag and the outer patch is, not sure the word to describe it... beveled. Its not beveled but its now 3D like. I prefer the slightly slimmer machine gulls than the ones of previous years. Everything about them is great, I just have a problem with the 2008 cut. I'll grab the tap measure... Mine are 29's

Waist: 15.5in

Front Rise: 9.5in

Back Rise: 13.75in

Upper Thigh: 11in

Knee: 7.75in

Leg Opening: 7.5in

Inseam: 33in

So theres a slight tapper but look how low the front rise is..

When your 5'7 anyone in the 6' is a giant :)

Did you see my clown shoes, first pair of superstars. When im walking, the orange keeps coming into my field of vision and distracting me. Might have to tone them down with white laces.

Everything about them is great, I just have a problem with the 2008 cut. I'll grab the tap measure... Mine are 29's

Waist: 15.5in

Front Rise: 9.5in

Back Rise: 13.75in

Upper Thigh: 11in

Knee: 7.75in

Leg Opening: 7.5in

Inseam: 33in

So theres a slight tapper but look how low the front rise is..

Hmm....Slimmer than I thought. The jeans are similar to a "tight straight" pair from the Momotaro.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10939&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

As you've stated, I think your main issue is that the jeans are too slim. As evidenced by the low front-rise.

If the 2008's are really slim, then I'd hate to see the 2010. Still like the fit, though I can understand that it's not to everyone's taste. If I get another pair of International Evisu's, it likely be the 2000 cut.

Hi,

I recently placed an order from the evisu online store on 1st of May but have yet to receive news that it has shipped out. How long does it actually take for them to process the order? It's almost a week and they have yet to reply my email too. Can anyone help? If it takes a long time I'm thinking of cancelling my order. Btw I ordered a pair of 2008 fishbone kamome. Thanks in advance

have you tried phoning them to ask? it's a bank holiday weekend here but i'd be surprised if they'd closed for it.

I've sent them several emails but they didn't reply. I will try to give them a call later on. Surprisingly taking a long time to process my order :/ Thanks for your response

Hm, too bad about the 2008, Devilva. I agree with heflys, the fit looks pretty good. But you're the one wearing them...I believe ya.

Finally (fucking at last) I came upon a pair of blue gull Macau No. 1. Got some better pics out of the seller. Not as thorough of pics as I wanted but enough to assure me.

This is not a score. I paid top buck for what they are imo. However, it's worth what a guy will pay and I have really wanted some of these.

Better pics to come, these are all kind of crap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280875037893&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Nice work on the macau No.1's, denim looks lighter and less hairy than the mij no.1's.

As far as my 2008's go, I tried to get some info from evisu on shrinkage/stretch beforehand but no response so took my best guess and bought the 29's as the waist was already spot on. I still dont mind them but maybe a size or 2 bigger so the front rise isnt so short. To much squeeze on the jewels if you catch my drift lol.

They claim by UK law you get a 14 day grace period, so might try another email and see what happens. They have info on the website about returns but would rather speak to someone first before just sending them back.

They claim by UK law you get a 14 day grace period, so might try another email and see what happens. They have info on the website about returns but would rather speak to someone first before just sending them back.

give 'em a bell and mention that there are other people on this forum who are also waiting on a response to their emails. mention that it's superfuture, the website that was responsible for the 'dirty dozen +1' evisu contest.

that should get them moving...

Are those similar to the ones you owned before?

Yep. The ones I kept and faded were the D80 black gulls. I had some D67 gold gulls (too small at the time) I tried floating to Pomata. You guys might remember me de-embroidering one of those outlandish gold gulls. Those got lost in customs :(

No idea what this denim is. I can't wait to get them in hand. They seem to have the same slight green as the photos I've seen, but no streak. Vertical character is there though.

...dunno, those pics are so bad...

give 'em a bell and mention that there are other people on this forum who are also waiting on a response to their emails. mention that it's superfuture, the website that was responsible for the 'dirty dozen +1' evisu contest.

that should get them moving...

Cheers mate. I'll drop the sufu name and see if it leads anywhere. If not i'll just follow their return policy from the website and make sure I get tracking.