Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Cheep, top one crosses over to tacky imo. .

Hmm, I actually like that pair, particularly the fact that it's a different cut( I'm assuming 2000). The symbols are also more subtle in comparison other pieces, and it slighlty reminds me of the DD+1 contest pair.

I want to see how he pulls off those WW 2 repros though.

Well, I assumed they were, since they tab is painted on. Evisu's, supposedly, are meant to be based off the world war 2 period, where, due to the strain on materials for the war, some details were removed. I assume the painted tab, vintage cut and clean back pockets are intended to symbolize this.

Mighta read it somewhere also, but I'll be damned if I remember.

Well, I assumed they were, since they tab is painted on. Evisu's, supposedly, are meant to be based off the world war 2 period, where, due to the strain on materials for the war, some details were removed. I assume the painted tab, vintage cut and clean back pockets are intended to symbolize this.

Mighta read it somewhere also, but I'll be damned if I remember.

The arcuates were painted on in the 44's, but there was still a tab, I believe. The tab was not painted, that is just Evisu messing with Levis.

not getting the red box ones... little mistake... so i guess i only have one set of fit pics to show when they come in.

i am excited to have a dark pair to break in... the wrangler ones i have are great but not much contrast due to the initial lighter color of the denim.

The arcuates were painted on in the 44's, but there was still a tab, I believe. The tab was not painted, that is just Evisu messing with Levis.

exactly, it's just another funny way of making repros of Levi's, Lee and Wrangler. There is also one with an painted orange tab, the wrangler one cheep posted and a Lee repro.

writing this I also remember a very old Lee repro from Evis(u). instead of the gull, it has a 'lazy S' painted on the backpockets. also, the pockets had the same silouhet as Lee pockets

so i a got a pair of rigid boot cut evisu x puma at winner's (whitch is like the ross or tj maxx in the states)

i got them tappered as soon as i got em. I've had em for about a month now i washed em once, cold watter with the smallest amount of soap. I wanted to know if anyone has rigid puvisu's in rigid & if they've woren em in (so they got all faded n all that good stuff ) & if you got pics of em faded

i got some pics here : with flash

DSCF3942.jpgDSCF3936.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

Going tomorrow to get a pair my local spot has had in stock since 03 (or that's atleast what the sales person told, I know they have been there for a year and half + those because they were there when i first started going there). not 100% sure on the model #, but they are black with sewn on blue gulls.

Planet Mental, are you familiar with what Riccardi's on Newbury has in the way of Evisu? The last two times I've gone through Boston they've been closed.

that's actually where I got those. They have a pretty nice selection, and the people who work there are extremely helpful. Of course they carry the lame huge Diacock evisus and what not, but they carry simpler stuff as well. Pretty sure their hours are 10 - 7 monday through friday, not sure about the weekends though.

I have been following this thread for quite awhile.

Sorry, i am not sure if this been explained before but

what's the difference between the "D67, D85 etc" denim

especially when it comes to Evisu Heritage line.

Is the difference due to type of fabric used?

I have been following this thread for quite awhile.

Sorry, i am not sure if this been explained before but

what's the difference between the "D67, D85 etc" denim

especially when it comes to Evisu Heritage line.

Is the difference due to type of fabric used?

D85 denim. This fabric features ultra saturated dark indigo selvage denim with a tinted weft and red/white selvage

D330 denim. This fabric features red-cast Japanese selvage denim with white weft and pink-line selvage.

D67 fabric features stubbly ultra saturated dark indigo selvage denim.

evisu.com