Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I have a friend in japan so I'm thinking of having her get me some evisu's from their stores over there, but I have a few questions.

Theres some conflicting info on this thread on this. I've read that the No. 2 is lighter weight than the No. 1 and that the No. 1 is superior in quality. I've also read that its almost the same denim and its just that the no 2 are sanforized. So what really is the difference between the two?

Also is there a cut like the 2000 but a little tighter in the top block?

excellent, frideswide! where did you purchase them from, and are they freely available? a zippered '66 cut...that's pretty interesting.

Duffer of St George in Covent Garden used to import them before Evisu opened its own shops in London in 2006. They were great because they used to get the unpainted ones. After Levis began its legal harassment of European shops selling Japanese repros in 2005, they were forced to cut off the red tabs, which was a pity. Anyway, I'm sure you can still get this model in Japan.

anybody else tired of the stacked, super long jeans look? Yamane and the other first generation of Evisu wearers wore their jeans short. (as seen in the Evisu Style Books from the '90s) Exposed ankles and all!

Notice how low to the hem the knee fades are on most of the jeans in the Evisu spread from the Lightning Indigo Master book. Vintage Evisu were made to be worn this way. I'm 5' 11'' and I've been rocking a 27 inch inseem for quite a while now. Fell in love with the look after seeing the shop staff at the flagship Evisu shop in Osaka. Anyone else into this look? Let's see some more shins!

I would if i could. I'm a complete computer moron. Don't even have a digi-cam. I've been following SuFu for the past 3 years but never joined because I didn't have a computer. I do now. When I figure out this technology stuff I'll be sure to post images.

OMG, check this for posting pics:

Go here, and use imageshack.us to host, could'nt be easier.

Actually when you use imageshack, pick the forum function and you don't even have to fuck with tags, just copy paste the link they give you.

Oh and curious, the style of wearing you're revering to, are the jeans cuffed or not?

Curious, because when Evisu first started trickling into Europe they were all sold with these really big cuffs...

Hey Cotton,

No, they are not cuffed. Mine aren't cuffed. They are cut super short!! When I took my evisu to the Osaka shop to be hemmed and painted, they gave me back like 8 inches of denim. I save all the cut off hems to make things with, and to patch holes.

Yamane wears his pants short. His golf pants, his jeans and his suit pants. I think it's to show off his shoes as evisu has a big shoe line also. Leather shoes with leather soles and golf shoes. There is a shop that just sells evisu shoes near the main evisu shop. It's my own private heaven...

OK, I have not followed this thread at all, but if I may...what is wrong with these: http://shop.evisu.com/collections/sale-mens/products/red-box-jeans for what seems to be an alright price?

I'm starting to believe that they are from the F/W 07 collection, or perhaps summer, and evisu is simply trying to get rid of old stock.

^Why are there white marks all over the jeans o.O?

Probably starch.....or dust from the jeans being somewhere.

I just got off the phone with Evisu's CSR. He said that they are a F/W 07 and that they are trying to get rid of old stock. The white marks are actually the flash refecting off the sheen of the denim. He also said that they should be putting more up that are similar but have different color paint/tag. Such as orange and blue.

damn kush you found those while parlezin off the sticky huh ?

-Made by Yamane-san himself on an antique American loom bought at auction in US

- Osaka Purple gulls handpainted

- chainstitched inner and outer seams and hem

like whoa

I think Edmond is a size 36W no ? watch out bidders he's gonna break your asses for these

damn kush you found those while parlezin off the sticky huh ?

-Made by Yamane-san himself on an antique American loom bought at auction in US

- Osaka Purple gulls handpainted

- chainstitched inner and outer seams and hem

like whoa

I think Edmond is a size 36W no ? watch out bidders he's gonna break your asses for these

I very much doubt they are made by yamane himself!

I don't have a problem with evisu, however the european jeans are not true to the evisu style. I've been on the evisu stand at bread and butter this year and it seems that nobody in the industry seems to take them seriously anymore, which is a shame.

yeah, that euro trash shit is showing up in EVISU THE TOKYO shop. This is the place where die hard evisu fans should buy their gear. The most authentic place, outside of Osaka of course. And now I see the shit versions popping up....Always stick to the originals.

I don't have a problem with evisu, however the european jeans are not true to the evisu style. I've been on the evisu stand at bread and butter this year and it seems that nobody in the industry seems to take them seriously anymore, which is a shame.

Which industry is that? Particularly since Evisu's origin revolves around denim, not necessarily fashion. The strive to be fashionable is merely an offshoot of its popularity,,,,,Hell, most "fashionable" (urk!!!) people wear whatever celebs are wearing....shit like true religion or ed hardy.....

And now I see the shit versions popping up....Always stick to the originals
The Heritage pieces, apart from the Evisu Euro trash, is pretty good quality from what've seen. The denim is still manufactured in Japan, just turned into wearable products elsewhere.