Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Does anyone know what the difference between the No.2 and the No.1 Special denim is?

Its been answered many times, but... No.1 Special is supposed to be higher quality as unsanforized so it will shrink. I t seems a lot more slubbier than No. 2.

No. 2 is sanforized and so it wont shrink as much. But its still good denim

If anyone is looking for Evisu jeans, please check my signature.

Thanks.

I bought from him recently, good seller and totally legit. Thanks man!

I thought both were unsanforized, i.e., a 34 will shrink to a 32 in both cases. What do they mean by No.1s being 'colourfast' and that 'they won t fade white'?

From: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/evisu-jeans/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddenim.gallery%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

NO.0 The raw material which does not process such as preventing contraction and hachure taking altogether. Rough fuzz balls is a special feature

NO.1 The vintage use which is woven with the pre-world war 2 rare power loom. Shrink proofing releasing.

NO.2 Being woven with the power loom, it enters, but there is shrink proofing, for enrollment.

NO.3 The low cost specification which is woven with the reformist loom. There is no ear and is locked with the red thread. There is shrink proofing

I think rough fuzz balls are slubbiness. Shrink proofing just means sanforization.

No.2s are done so that you dont have to worry about shrinkage.

• 2 weeks later...

This has probably been posted somewhere on here but here goes anyways. I was wondering what the different fits of evisu are. Im gettying my buddy to pick me up a pair of japenese evisus but i dont know which ones to get. what do the No. 2 2001 or No 1. 2000 mean? Im looking for something thats more of a regular fit. The jeans I have right now are Nudie straight sven 29 x 34, Pumaxevisu 30 x 34, Levisxstussy collabs 30x32, Paul Smith x red ear 29x34.

This has probably been posted somewhere on here but here goes anyways. I was wondering what the different fits of evisu are. Im gettying my buddy to pick me up a pair of japenese evisus but i dont know which ones to get. what do the No. 2 2001 or No 1. 2000 mean? Im looking for something thats more of a regular fit. The jeans I have right now are Nudie straight sven 29 x 34, Pumaxevisu 30 x 34, Levisxstussy collabs 30x32, Paul Smith x red ear 29x34.

a quick search with the term "2000" threw these up...do search in future.

No0,no1,no2,no3 , refer top the denim quality, no0 the best and no3 the worst in that order(being the no3 non-selvedge denim)

lot 2001 is the baggy fit, based on the 55 levi fit repro, 2000 is a slim fit model but i dunno in which repro they are based. 2004 is 2001 with a cinch back.

lot 0001 is the regular european fit and 0331 is the european slim fit.

a easy way to tell apart european evisu from japanese evisu, is that the japanese evisus always have a red tag on the right backpocket like levi's has.

Just to share what I know. The number on the leather patch tells the denim quality

No0= Supposedly highest quality, unsanforized

No1=Unsanforized

No2=Sanforized, should be same quality as no1

No3=Sanforized non-selvage

About the cuts. 2001 is the classic Evisu cut. Pretty baggy with a slight tapering. 2000 is supposed to be a 66 cut. 0331 is from the euro line. Pretty slim modern cut. 0101 is supposed to be a 40's vintage cut. Very baggy.

• 1 month later...
a quick search with the term "2000" threw these up...do search in future.

ill chime in with my experiences on evisu no.1 lot 2000 fit. the waist is extremely tight after doing the last button. i would actually recommend sizing up 2" from your normal waist to have them fit comfortably, especially since they shrink after washing, and then don't really seem to stretch out again around the waist. the jeans are loose and puff out around the thighs but then fit slim down the legs.

overall lot2000 is a pretty awkward cut, definitely not very modern, unless you have mad thunder thighs which you probably wouldn't want to accentuate anyway. i took them into denim doctors at hollywood trading company to have them hemmed and then taken in from the thighs all the way down. now they're a much slimmer cut but because they did the tailoring from the inseam to save the selvage, the thighs still come out a little bit. but not nearly as much as before.

• 2 months later...

cotton is pretty on point. evisu was super popular here a couple of years ago.. fucking zillions of fakes and council estate matez evisu clad.

it was evisu's own fault though. they shouldnt have pushed the brand like they did

those gold guls are chain stitched though..

im quite into chain stitch embroidery at the mo'. lovely stuff.

I want to know why the uniform for lamers is Evisu jeans, Bape Hoodies, and Bape Stas or Dunks.

fuck you

its been 2 years since this post, and in archaic richmond, virginia(the capital of ye olde confederacy aka slave central) this is still the case. even worse, 99percent of the evis, bape, and other fad-jumped japanese brands rocked here are straight fugazi. i cant tell you how many times ive been sneered @ by these fake snowmen cause they think they got the goods, and dont even know to flip the cuff. my former boss had a pair, and when i asked him to flip his hem, he refused, and when i bent down to grab his un-chain-stitched fakes, he jumped back like i'd reached for his crotch. bottom line, cats be frontin. word.:o. with that said, i still want a pair from the flagship store in NYC with my personal preferences. thats worth the guap...indigo arcs, bitches!trilly-trill!!!

its been 2 years since this post, and in archaic richmond, virginia(the capital of ye olde confederacy aka slave central) this is still the case. even worse, 99percent of the evis, bape, and other fad-jumped japanese brands rocked here are straight fugazi. i cant tell you how many times ive been sneered @ by these fake snowmen cause they think they got the goods, and dont even know to flip the cuff. my former boss had a pair, and when i asked him to flip his hem, he refused, and when i bent down to grab his un-chain-stitched fakes, he jumped back like i'd reached for his crotch. bottom line, cats be frontin. word.:o. with that said, i still want a pair from the flagship store in NYC with my personal preferences. thats worth the guap...indigo arcs, bitches!trilly-trill!!!

dude ur lame.

every1 frm richmond is lame. go give change 2 crackheads n listen 2 hxc...only thing good bout richmond is GWAR...