Evisu is still loved!

benzak

• 3 weeks later...

It certainly looks like it @unders, although my SDA 101s also have that stitching but no pocket lining.

They look fantastic @Graytrain, I love seeing old deadstock jeans. I generally don’t have interest in stuff that is current and easily available! :biggrin:

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked these up on eBay- little ‘e’ suggests 2001 anniversary, and the denim is similar/same to silk/denim indigo of little e with gold selvedge of the same year. As a 49 year old dad, not only am I loving the original Japanese Evis/Evisu I am embracing it as proper dad style! 

A3804F55-6127-4289-AEFA-B1DB17B5E10A.jpeg

4 hours ago, lee porter said:

Wow lovely find

Thanks mate,  the previous owner sadly had messed with tapering so purple selvedge is gone lower down, so I’m going to get them hemmed/cropped for a high water no cuff style

And another couple to re-ignite this wonderful thread! 
I’ve been wearing Fullcount and Warehouse so much over the years that my Evis/Evisu were my ‘comfort’ choice after work, until I realised that the 2001 cut is absolutely perfect and in a snobbish way puts the dads at the school gates in their Edwin’s to shame! Gulls divide opinion but I’m embracing and being proud about it! 

D1EBC899-C270-4074-8666-3B8BE881EB98.jpeg

DE35713D-A667-4237-8EAC-A78B5145E0D4.jpeg

On 4/4/2023 at 9:30 AM, Bobbo said:

For a little over 2,5 years now my Evisu 2001 No.1’s have been a part of the denim lineup. Stubborn bastards but they’re shaping up nicely.

ABC50C18-CB42-4606-B4D0-2864E5F610BB.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

Any time you’d like to sell…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this belongs here or in the obscure denim brands thread but it looks like Yamane is trying to start another line. If i'm not mistaken he doesn't own evisu anymore, right?

https://yamaneart.base.shop/

https://yamaneart.base.shop/items/71471328    these seems just ok, but nothing else is really catching my attention. 

oh wait? is evisu done? i just went on evisu.jp and it redirected me to the evisu US site. 

Edited by Ahlvahroe