Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Two things. One... Where can we see the earliest pieces that he made and how to spot them?

Secondly there was a foreigner here that told a story about him getting hired to work in one of his stores by him if I remember correctly. I believe that was like in the 90s or early 00s. How did that come about?

I've been trying to catch Yamane at the ebisu store as it's walking distance but always seem to miss him haha

2 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Two things. One... Where can we see the earliest pieces that he made and how to spot them?

Secondly there was a foreigner here that told a story about him getting hired to work in one of his stores by him if I remember correctly. I believe that was like in the 90s or early 00s. How did that come about?

I've been trying to catch Yamane at the ebisu store as it's walking distance but always seem to miss him haha

Ethandesu was the profile name of the bloke who you seek. He's the same name on Instagram if you're on there. Long time, stranger, by the way! 

@japanalogueI'd love to see which of the early Evis repro models Yamane still has in his collection. With pics, of course! Cheers for asking, by the way. 

1 hour ago, japanalogue said:

Will be interviewing Yamane-san (Hidehiko) soon. Anyone have anything specific you'd like me to ask or find out?

Cheers,

Dave

can you ask him what he did during his days working in lapine  on the couch?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2010 at 9:36 PM, Vanquish Gold said:

Posted this in Sugar Cane thread too... available now in some rakuten shops.. someone please kop and post fit pic.

img56403775.gif

img56403774.gif

10th yrs pass by Hope another colabs with sugarcane for 2021

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had the no1 tiger and the no1 red was looking at the no2 red and the no2 cimosa indaco how do they compare is it worth paying more for the no1 I’ve only had the 2000t fit was going to try the 2000 or the 2005 any advice appreciated I like the way evisu have a bit more room in the thighs and was looking for a more relaxed fit that the 2000t cheers lee 

I’ve been looking at those I had SuToCorp get me something from the Japanese site the jeans was all 33% off he did nothing for a few days and the prices went back up I’m gutted I really fancy a pair anyone had experience with the ones I’ve mentioned in the previous post?

5 minutes ago, lee porter said:

I’ve been looking at those I had SuToCorp get me something from the Japanese site the jeans was all 33% off he did nothing for a few days and the prices went back up I’m gutted I really fancy a pair anyone had experience with the ones I’ve mentioned in the previous post?

I had a size 38 2000 in no.1 denim and thought that the fit was way too baggy (see a few pages back for a fit pick) for me so got them tapered and ended up ruining them. Evisu sizing is weird though. The 2000 cut looks good in smaller sizes but was just way too big for me. I’m tempted to buy a 2005 but i have way too many jeans right now and have others that i want to add to my list. Curious why they don’t make the 2005 cut in no.1 denim does anyone know why?

Hi 1fookntitefd I’m going to flick back to see the fit pictures what size are you in other brands? I have a 36preshrunk and a 38 and a 40 in the 2000t and the 36 preshrunk is bigger in the waist than both  that’s a good point I wonder why they only offer 2005 in no2 denim the fit of the 2000 and 2005 on the Japanese site looks perfect to me that’s the fit I’m looking for evisu have bigger thighs than most Japanese makers too I find Cheers for your help 

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Saw an interesting pair posted by Yamane recently. 
Initially no info on the web as it seems like they are a special edition but they are online now, only larger sizes available: https://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/000000009707/
hprb8zn.png
OOelwkO.png

mmmm yes... actually tempted

labor as the pre-evisu version... old sufu post selling early 90s one here

3 hours ago, lee porter said:

Well I just gone for the w42 theory I’ve pulled the tigger on them I hope it works 

As you know the measurements on the evisu site and on denimio are notoriously off so post measurements when they arrive and hope they work out for you.

Oh shit! I lucked out. I placed an order this last week and it was listed at 23,000 yen. Just checked again today and its up to 33,000.

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/evisu/egd2000th001ww.html

i also found out I accidentally chose international shipping by boat so i guess these will be my summer jeans when I get them in a few months. haha

Edited by Ahlvahroe

15 hours ago, lee porter said:

I’ve had the no1 tiger and the no1 red was looking at the no2 red and the no2 cimosa indaco how do they compare is it worth paying more for the no1 I’ve only had the 2000t fit was going to try the 2000 or the 2005 any advice appreciated I like the way evisu have a bit more room in the thighs and was looking for a more relaxed fit that the 2000t cheers lee 

Digging in the archives but I got you. 

picture in front of the castle is in 2017. Wearing a 2000 no 2. Higher rise. Pretty true straight leg. Got them in a 30. 

picture in the purple shirt is in 2010 actually at the evisu store in Osaka. 
2005 no 2. I was chubbier then, so size 33. Kinda roomy in the thigh but an aggressive taper at the bottom. Real dad type of jeans. Zipper fly. The denim itself was very nice! Amazingly soft after a year of wear. 

hope this helps a little. 

907F0D98-08F7-4F16-9620-2EEF948844BC.png

5A5C7DA0-E4BB-4388-AE6D-9869BC0FD8EB.png