Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Alright stranger! 

And trimming down the collection, I've been meaning to share my denim on here for a while. Currently wearing No.1 Lot 2000T and No.2 Lot 2504 Evis, with a pair of Lazy S and Brown Box in the wings! 

Im wearing fatigues and other trousers quite a bit these days so the denim isn't getting the wear it used to. I tend to go in cycles with things though...

Anyone messed with the 18oz Petero18 fabric?

I just ordered a pair of the "tight silhouette". That fabric looks real dope though. I will post pics when they get here. 

18 hours ago, rockon99 said:

Anyone messed with the 18oz Petero18 fabric?

I just ordered a pair of the "tight silhouette". That fabric looks real dope though. I will post pics when they get here. 

it's one of the best and most interesting denims I've ever worn, super stiff at first so best of luck with the tighter fit

@Planetarium good to know! The measurements make it seem more like a heavy taper than an overall tight fit, but we’ll see. I hope I sized correctly. Thankfully I can return them if not. I’m a 33 in Samurai’s S0511xx, and picked a 34 in this Evisu. 

7 hours ago, Planetarium said:

Not much, about an inch in both dimensions. I wash cold and line dry and they haven't noticeably changed since, but my jeans are all fitted in the seat and then ample everywhere else.

Thanks, surprisingly, these were very snug in the waist, and I am opting to exchange for size 35.

edit: I plan to (as with all my unsanforized pairs), wash hot and then hang dry. The main thing I'm concerned with is the length ending up too short. I have a feeling it'll end up perfect though.

3 hours ago, Muck Dynasty said:

Let’s see some macro shots!

They're back in the bag they showed up in, waiting for a shipping label! I'll post pics when I get my size 35 :)))

Edited by rockon99

• 2 weeks later...

Petero 18 showed up today. I just finished hot-washing them, and gave them a hot dry for 15min or so. They're just the slightest bit damp. Man the texture on these is pretty incredible and I imagine the vertical falling will be out of this world. Pics to come.

@1fookntitefd whoops hem is about 7in. 

I really wish these had shrunken more, but they fit nicely, considering the thigh has slimmed down a bit. Maybe I’ll post measurements when I wash them next but that won’t be for at least a few months. 

These are listed as “tight silhouette” but in my opinion they are much more of an aggressively tapered leg, which is what I noticed upon viewing the posted measurements. The thigh is much roomier than my other “tapered” fits, and I have big thighs!

edit: Another thing I noticed right off was how the ink printed on the patch (“Petero 18” and the lot no.) have almost completely been washed away

Edited by rockon99
Additional words

The denim looks a bit like the limited edition 17oz Hank Dyed. It doesn’t looks to have much shrink at all, almost sanforized amounts of shrink. I don’t recall it saying either way which it is anywhere either. Whatever the case, the denim looks nice. I’m curious to see how they wear in and stretch. 

Edited by Muck Dynasty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^how did u get ahold of these? They look amazing!

I’ve had them since 2013 (produced a while before then I believe) and getting them was very stressful indeed my friend.

Edited by dant87

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, been a long time since i've been on here, but recently i've been looking at buying another pair of 2000 no. 2 but i've noticed that all the new pairs only come in 32 inseam. 

Also looking at a pair of No.1 Tiger Preshrunk, this seems to be a bit confusing as no.1 usually shrinks a lot, so much that i can't fit them.

Does anybody have experience with the older 35 in inseam versus the newer 32 in inseam than can compare them directly? is it really 3 inches shorter? 

trying to decide if i need to search for older deadstock pairs or if it's safe to just buy a new pair. i'm hoping maybe the jeans are actually a little longer than 32 and that at the end of the day they end up at 32 after any minimal shrinkage. 

thanks in advance for any info people have!

Edited by marvelous1200
added bit about tiger preshrunk

• 3 weeks later...