Evisu is still loved!

benzak

13 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Yeah good point, these must be a good few years old! Get a fit picture up, if you wanted you could give them a real hot soak, wear them damp to set them up right and get any possible shrinking out. I found the kettle in the kitchen sink worked, just don't pour the water directly on the leather patch!

13 hours ago, rodeo bill said:

Further to Chambo's response, these are from Evisu Heritage (international, not European ed- it gets confusing). The fabric is Japanese green cast broken twill, the same as the brown box jeans that have been around this thread- it's lovely stuff. The denim is sanforized so you won't get a massive amount of shrinkage. They were made in Macau at a very good factory, same quality as other Evisu Heritage, but not the same as Evisu JP. I hope this helps! As Chambo says, they'll wear in very nicely if you put the time in.

Thanks so much, Chambo and Bill. Great info. The fabric sounds promising. I was wondering why they looked a little green whatever the lighting was!

On 6/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, CrashTestBrummie said:

Pretty happy with the fit on the Lot 2000T natural indigo model. Decided to wear them from raw without soaking. Fit is tight across the arse but will stretch with time. 

20180618_150210_resized.jpg

20180618_150208_resized.jpg

20180618_150218_resized.jpg

20180618_181105_resized.jpg

20180618_151318_resized.jpg

20180618_165418_resized.jpg

20180618_151331_resized.jpg

What's up CTB! If I'm a 30 in a No 2 2000, should I still get a 30 in a No 2 2000T? I'm really sure that's my next pair so I'm trying to get it right.

• 4 weeks later...

Evisu are the only one of the Osaka 5 that I have never "had" in person. I don't know much about the brand other than the mad painted gull wings but I believe the Evisu 2000 #1 and #2 models are a traditional/retro straight leg fit? What's the denim like compared to say Warehouse or Full Count, is their 17oz anything to write home about?

Hi mate! Can't chime in on the 17 oz denim, but the 2000 model is more of a 60's cut while the 2001 is more of a loose straight fit if I'm not mistaken.

And the #1 denim might be my favorite fabric, all brands included. Bugs me so much that me #1s are too small. It's unsanforized while the #2 is sanforized. Both turns out great though. So many great pairs in this thread. 

Be aware of the short inseam on the #1s though, they turn out pretty short these days.

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Hi mate! Can't chime in on the 17 oz denim, but the 2000 model is more of a 60's cut while the 2001 is more of a loose straight fit if I'm not mistaken.

And the #1 denim might be my favorite fabric, all brands included. Bugs me so much that me #1s are too small. It's unsanforized while the #2 is sanforized. Both turns out great though. So many great pairs in this thread. 

Be aware of the short inseam on the #1s though, they turn out pretty short these days.

Thanks for that, any other input is welcomed.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

Thanks for that, any other input is welcomed.

The 17oz denim Is great, I love mine!

I actually prefer the 2000T cut on the models that do It, I have both no.2 and Cimosa Indaco In 2000T and I'm happy with the slimmer tapered fit. If you want something uneven and slubby/rough then check out the Petero and GataGata models, I have both and also like them a lot. The Petero comes In 2 weights one being 18oz but just a heads up the Petero denim takes time to fade. Again be wary of the leg lengths though!

I'm happy with every pair of Japanese bought Evisu that I have, you can't go wrong with any model providing that you like the fit. I always go custom paint but If It bothers you get plain pockets. The 17oz no.1 denim Is top notch In my opinion, I went raw but the lighter weight Tiger Is also available In pre-shrunk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, long time! 

Glad to see the topic is still going strong as ever. 

On page 314 of this thread I showed you all my no.0 purchase, to this day they are in the same condition they were when I bought them. Raw and untouched. 

I am thinking about selling them if the price is right. I’m open to offers, but they’ll need to be good for me to let them go. 

Any thoughts let me know.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, barty9 said:

Couple of nice bits popped up on the bay..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183646024443

Are these the real deal?  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183646022195

Might be worth asking for a pic of the selvage of the second pair mate. I've seen a few pairs with that back pocket design that were made of No.3 denim which is (was?) non-selvage for the MiJ stuff. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, alpharikk said:

An extra image for my new pair, lot 2501. Vintage Evis, maybe?

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

They look good mate from what I can see. I would go TTS on these, they will shrink a little bit then stretch out.

I have a new pair incoming from Japan, will post pics when they land. Been wearing the Brown Box jeans a lot recently and have a headstock pair of Lazy S Lot 0005 denims waiting in the wings.